1/25 IDF Siyur Reconnaissance Vehicle, Conversion

Testing, testing, 1 2 3.

Base kit.

It is a dog.

Used parts from this.

Reference.

Used this as a guide.

Shackles from Blue Jacket. Scratched mounting condition.

Sincerely,
Mark

6 Likes

Thanks for looking in. The next few posts are photobomb heavy.

Other side. Channel bumper. Bolt on shock absorber. Tires and rims from Hasegawa.

Separated exhaust system and inserted triangular flanges. All four suspension springs receive retainig straps and fasteners. All four axles receive U-bolts, retaining plate, and fasteners. Rear shackle base, bumper from Hasegawa.

Inner side of bumper with shackle mount.

Overall.

Fuel tank.

Thanks for looking in.
Sincerely,
Mark

5 Likes

Personal stowage under passenger seat. Structural support in front of tac.

Opened up turn signal locations and inserted black-out lights cast from Hasegawa Jeep.

I’ve been told this is a fire extinguisher. Scratched for a 1/25 Sh’ot, cast, then detailed.

Other cast items. Scratched fuel/water container. Other items cast from Italeri 1/24 109 Land Rover.

Sincerely,
Mark

6 Likes

Fender inner structure

Cast pick from 1/25 Tamiya Centurion, scratched base, handle, and retainers. Scribed panel lines.

Seat and step from Hasegawa. New seat legs. Removed fuel indent which was soft and made a new one. New cap and flattened solder ball fasteners.

Hasegawa shovel and step, insert at canopy folding hinge, behind shovel head.

Scratched antenna base. Tail light cast from Hasegawa Jeep. Tire and rim from Hasegawa. New tailgate with detailing.

Sincerely,
Mark

6 Likes

24 volt location cut out, framed and detailed with plug cap. Scribed panel lines.

Hasegawa pedals.

The outside edge is indented. You can see the shift by looking along the outline. So, I needed to represent that impress, along with the edge return.

New tailgate with details.

Better view.

Sincerely,
Mark

4 Likes

Driver seat leg detail.

Stowage and fuel tank in position.

Modified passenger seat legs.

In place.

New dashboard. Turn signal. Hasegawa Instrument Cluster. Headlight box.

Sincerely,
Mark

6 Likes

Other side. Wire is from turn signal.

Hasegawa retainer and blackout light. Scratched hinge at bottom of grill, retainer base, blackout light base and guard.

Hasegawa side view mirror base with detailing.

Hand holds and hinges on bonnet.

Machine gun cradle and base.

Sincerely,
Mark

5 Likes

Modified radio to fit with scratched base.

Scratched stretcher.

Can strap, fastener, and base. Rim cap with reflector.

Shift from MPC 1/25 Jeep with Recoiless Rifle. Scratched Hi-Lo and 4 wheel. Seat stand offs.

Sincerely,
Mark

5 Likes

Walk-Around. 1.

Sincerely,
Mark

6 Likes

Last 3.

Thanks for looking in.
Sincerely,
Mark

10 Likes

That Jeep is looking awesome. Great work to detail and realize it in 1/25. I have the AFV Club 1/35 kit which is great. I have also built the Daisy Duke CJ-5 ( a long time ago) and it was horrible.

There is one small issue though. The tires on an M38A1 (Willys MC/CJ-5) were bigger than the Willys MB tires. M38A1 used 7.00 x 16, while the Willys MB used smaller 6.50 x 16 tires. It seems like a small difference, but the M38A1 tires are noticeably taller. However, only a Jeep aficionado will see it, so no big worries.

Overall excellent work. Can’t wait to see it all painted up.

1 Like

HealthyCluelessAmericanbadger-max-1mb

1 Like

Thank you, my Brother. Yeah, I know the tires are not an exact match. The rims and tires of this kit don’t match at all. The MPC 1/25 Recoiless Rifle Jeep rims aren’t terrible but don’t compare with the Hasegawa. The tires are nice, with a more modern NDT. I’ll probably use those for my next M38A1, an IDF Tolar, because I like the tread. Here’s hoping they’re 7.00 x 16s!

Thanks for stopping by and commenting.
Sincerely,
Mark

You could contact this guy through Shapeways and see if he can scale these up to 1/25. It would solve all your wheel/tire problems. In the description, he even lists them as 1/24.

3 Likes

That is some detailing… :+1:

1 Like

Thank you, my Brother. I’ve dropped him a line. It’ll have to be a field mod for this build as I finished it about 3 weeks ago. Hopefully I’ll have them for the next two.

Thank you, bwilt.

Sincerely,
Mark

1 Like

That looks great Mark.
Very high attention to detail.

1 Like

Nice project and kit sourcing for details. Prime and paint is next so I’ll be watching.

1 Like

@dodgem37 Mark, nice kit bash. It give me some future ideas.

1 Like

Very impressive modeling.

1 Like