1/25 IDF Siyur Reconnaissance Vehicle, Conversion

Thank you, my Brothers.

Primed, base coat of Mr. Hobby 528, then glossed with Future. Mixed Bridging Plate Blue. Hasegawa decal. Serial Number is Black stripe decal, Hasegawa numbers, and scratched Hebrew letter.

Lost a lens. Oh well. Note bulb. Washed with Burnt Umber oil paint.

Micro dot with Burnt Umber Gauche. Tail light: Tamiya Clear Red over Aluminum. Then Futured as Gauche is water based and would wash away with any additional weathering. Applied Burnt Umber acrylic as rust. Then 8B Graphite pencil.

Lots of wash with Unbleached Titanium White as sand. I wanted a contrast between top and bottom.
Stretcher wood is Burnt Umber over Armor Sand. Stretcher canvas is blue painters masking tape.

Instruments are Airscale 1/24 RAF Instrument Panel decals. Side view mirror is punched out Mylar balloon adhered with Future. Machine gun is black and drybrushed Gun Metal then Aluminum. Handle is supposed to be metal.

Seat canvas is RAF Dark Earth, with Black & Yellow oil paint mixed to make OD wash, then Unbleached Titanium White.

Fasteners at side view mirror base.

Black and Burnt Umber oil wash at fuel filler. Scratched radio handset and cradle.

There’s more. But they would be redundant.
Thank you for looking in.
Sincerely,
Mark

10 Likes

That’s a great looking build there!

1 Like

That is a very nice looking model…

1 Like

It’s like Post-Apocalypse Dukes of Hazzard! Or Daisy got tired of being leered at all the time and went out hunting men!

1 Like

Fantastic work there!

1 Like

Thank you, my Brothers.

Sincerely,
Mark

Excellent scratch building and nicely painted and weathered.

1 Like

Stunning build! Does anyone know what’s the purpose of the red lines under the side mirrors?

1 Like

Realism and superb weathering - just luv the finish you got on the seats, they look really wonderful. The spillage depicted around the gas filler is awesome. A truly amazing finish.

1 Like

very nice conversion. good good job
thank you to share with us your experience

1 Like