1/35 Meng Models USMC M1A1 Abrams

Hi guys, and twelvebirds in particular. Great job on your M1!! I have a few posts discussing my plans to build the exact same tank that you did, and I am completely envious at how well you built and painted/weathered your model! Truly a great job! In my thread, I am indebted to many folks who did a super nice job in providing me with pointers to lots of the details for this tank, as I was missing where to find things. Specifically, I wanted to know where I could get the communication wire spool (which is just to the right of the spare wheel on the turret in the photo of the actual tank), and folks gave me info about things I’d not asked about, those things being the pirate flag and the decals (like you, I have placed an order for the decals from Italeri, which is the only item I have left to receive to have all the aftermarket things I wanted to begin my tank). Something I had not originally planned on were aftermarket upgrades to the wheels and sprockets, which were insanely expensive items from T-Rex Studio. If you are interested in any of those items, my thread is here: Marine M1A1 Part? I had already been planning to use the Meng kit for my build.

Again, you did a fabulous job in your tank!