1/35 Panzer IV kit suggestions

The link & lengths on the Border kits are very nice and have the sag molded in. I like them a lot. The sprue gates are sensible and require only minimal clean up.

3 Likes

I am leaning towards the two Border kits mentioned above, the Ausf H Early/Mid and the J late (which will cost me at about 40 euros each due to a coupon I have). This way I will also get spare wheels and other details for the Academy relics… :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

Thanks again for all your suggestions and explanations. :saluting_face:

2 Likes

Academy has two families of Panzer IV kits. Their early ones that are clones of the Tamiya 70’s kits, and a new tool series dating from 2018

Academy Panzer IV H

4 Likes

Those were the first kits I checked but they have rubber band tracks. I have the early Tamiya clones, the extra tracks from the Border kits and left overs will be used on them.

2 Likes

I have a couple of extra sets of the Border ones kicking around if you want them, DM me and I will send, no worries.

1 Like

Many thanks for your offer but I think that shipping cost is prohibitive. I will buy the Border kits and build them first, them keep the leftovers to work on the Tamiya (if needed) and probably sell the two Academy kits with the extra parts and spare tracks. :saluting_face:

1 Like

The border kits have very crisp molding, I think you’ll like them

2 Likes

Today I received my two Border kits. I had not noticed that they include metal barrels, huge plus. The molding looks crisp and there are lots of extra parts that will be used on other builds (three extra wheel sets).

BUT

in kit BT-008 that was supposed to include the workable track it was not in the box. Contacted the retailer and we are trying to figure out why. :disappointed: :disappointed:

Although maybe I should see this mishap as a sign that German Panzers are not my thing… I have built only two models, a Kingtiger and a Jagdtiger and never gotten around to building anything else. There was always something putting me off from starting the kits I already have… Anyways…

6 Likes

“Always something putting me off starting the kits I already have” - yup. Everyone on this site is nodding when they read this :rofl: :rofl:

4 Likes

For simplicity…any latest Tamiya Pz IV.

For some sweet, delicate engineering…any Border Pz IV.

3 Likes

Just an update on the issue with the kit no BT-008 and why there were no individual link tracks inside.

The seller contacted the distributor and he got a reply from Border that said

“Only the BT-008 from 2019 had the extra tracks”

and that the next batch did not include them despite showing otherwise on the box and instructions.

The distributor got the batch that included my kit after 2020 so no extra tracks.

So incase anyone is planning to buy BT-008 for the extra tracks there is a high chance that you will not find them in it.

5 Likes

Border should change the box and instructions, then. That’s false advertising.

3 Likes

Agreed! Also why not keep including them… they clearly already have the molds

2 Likes

Money.
Ken

1 Like

Would make sense, except they’ll lose customers by advertising them and not supplying them

1 Like