2021 Campaign Ideas
Since @Pete posted pics of his mini Dio’s, a group build idea came to myself and @G-man69.
Would people be interested in a Dio group build for 1/72 and below. Each Dio would have a base area the same size as A4 paper - the standard size. No bigger and no smaller.
After seeing what @Pete achieved in small scale, we both thought it worth investigating as a group build as neither G or myself knew if one had been done before. Also, on an A4 base area, you could get so much more going on and displayed. It would be over 12months from Jan to Dec, and I would sort out the other rules and regulations etc if it went ahead. It would also be open to all sites so I will post this in the uncategorised section as well so everyone can see it. Any takers ?
Myself and G @G-man69 came up with the cunning idea of doing a Group build but as a Dio based theme in the scale of 1/72 and only on A4 sized paper base area. The sizes and scales have changed slightly, but the concept is the same — small is good !!! The idea was inspired after seeing the amazing creations of Pete @Pete.
As we all new, due the way the new site works, there sadly wont be a ribbon for this or probably any of the Group builds (campaigns). Just enjoy what you build, and what others produce. Others will hopefully look in and be inspired like I was.
- To build a mini diorama in the scale of 1/72 and or smaller.
- The dio dimensions must be the paper sizes of either A4 or A5 or A6- if you are unsure of the exact measurements, ask here or google them.
Focus is on creativity and the WOW factor of maximising what you can create within small confines.
You can use whatever aftermarket, resin or photo-etch you want to bring the kit’s level up.
Any types of model and environment is within the realms of possibility. – Land/Air/Sea and Space.
Secondary objective: - Enjoy , learn and have fun
The Rules and Regulations:
• Pictures: as these are no longer an issue within this new site. Do as many as you can – that’s an order !!!
• No started kits.
• At least one picture showing the dio base size with proof of dimensions- they do not have to be exact, but within a few mm to stick to the principles of the build. ( the whole point is small scale & small working area.)
• Start 01 Jan 2021 – Finish 01 Jan 2022.
• Possible finish extension if you are close to finishing and need a few more tweaks.
Use this to post any ideas, questions etc about the group build, as when 01 Jan comes about, I will make this into the Official thread.
After a chat with Gulfwarrior, we no longer need the magic number of 10 people to make it official, so once a decent number have said yes …. Its good to go …… Which we now have !!