1st campaign build. KESSELWAGEN by Sabre

This is the 1st Sabre kit I plan to build. The unboxing looks very nice. 16 sprues and good size PE parts.

2 Likes

Uploading: 20211016_010830.jpg…
Uploading: 20211015_234754.jpg…
Processing: 20211015_230053.jpg…

3 Likes

Day 1 is coming to a end and here is my 1st thoughts of my 1st Sabre kit. The plastic cuts and feels good. It sands and trims well. The directions are a little different than I am use too and I missed 2 parts and had to go back and look over them very carefully to figure out what I missed but that’s not unusual for me. As far as the kit goes the parts fit good, the only 2 things I haven’t liked was the brake pads for the wheels are very tough to get them properly aligned with the wheels and there is going to be quite of bit of work on the glue seem on the tank. Other than that I will look forward to picking it back up tomorrow

1 Like

16 sprues… Blimey, that’s a lot of plastic… Sounds as if the detailing will be very nice on it :+1:

The sprues are not very big, when I get into marathon build mode I can knock it out in a few days. Now the diorama base might be a different story. This is the 1st model in a very large build I have planned.

General question about rail stock models like this … Do they come with sections of track to display them on ?

Yes. All these kits I have bought for my large build have tracks in each of these kits. Each manufacturer seem to have a little different base that the tracks mount to but I am going to try to hook all these together someday haha wish me luck

1 Like

But I will say I have been looking for 1/35th track junctions. I am not a train guy that might not be what they are called but I have been looking for where the tracks switch and split into 2 ways. I can’t find anyone making them. I am kinda dreading scratch building them. If anyone knows where I can get one that would be great news for me!

I’ll be watching as I think this is a neat looking subject.
Dan

I believe they’re called ‘turnouts’. Only 1/35 one I know of is from armor35, but it is in Russian gauge so you’d have to narrow the tracks which would be a process in itself. I’d search around some model railroading places, there are guys that build their own tracks and I’m pretty sure I’ve stumbled into a video of a guy making his own turnouts.

1 Like

Thanks for the help. At least I don’t have to sound like a total nerd now that I know the proper name ha

1 Like

very nice kit, looking forward for your updates!

Day 2 update, I spent some time cleaning up the tank glue seem line and it came out better than I thought. Now there’s alot of PE parts to put on. PE parts are not my favorite part but they seem to be pretty nice in this kit so far.

4 Likes

Got some of the PE parts and the railing on. It has some real wood deck that I kinda wish I could put on after paint but the ladder has to attach to it so I guess I will roll with with installing it now.

5 Likes

That is looking great. :+1:

Finish up the building of the Kesselwagen build tonight. Maybe some sanding and filling a few spot before I prime and paint it. I am going to probably set this aside once iy primed because I am building a few more different cars and will probably Finish them all at once.

4 Likes

Got it primed and did a round of color modulation before my base color will be added.

4 Likes

I got the base color applied and I used the colors that the instructions said to use and the Grey looks very dark. I wish it looked more like the pictures on the paint guide look like. Looks like I will be doing alot of lighting weathering on this one.

3 Likes

It does look darker than the paint guide. I like the way it’s looking like that.

2 Likes

Thanks I think I will warm up to it. After the weathering is completed and add it to a colorful diorama I think it will look correct.

1 Like