2022 Old Dominion Open

Well the vote is in and the Old Dominion Open wil be held this year at the customary location . The Richmond Raceway complex.
It is a huge show with a ton of vendors.

1 Like

Just to be clear when you say this year do you mean sometime later this year in 2021 or do you mean next year 2022 at the end of February when it is customarily held? If in 2021 do you have a date?

It will be the last Saturday in february .

Thanks. calendar marked.

1 Like

Anybody that can make it will need to get together.

Who is going? I am currently planning on attending.

I intend to go with our usual group but much depends on real life events here at home. One of the kids may be moving to NYC so it will be a last minute decision for me.

1 Like

I will be there so please find me . It will be nice to put a name to the face so to speak

1 Like

As above I intend to go pending real life events. I’ll give a heads up here. If I do go look for the guy wearing a red University of Richmond sweatshirt.

1 Like

Just ask any one who ia working the show where C.B. is

1 Like

Roger that.

I will probably be one of the dorks with a blue Eagle Squadron polo.:rofl: Ask one of them for Ryan.

For better or worse I am the way. :joy:

I thought the show was good, lots of models and people. I have over heard other opinions. I got to meet @Chris_Bryan which was good, wish I had more time to talk. Talked with old friends and bought only a few things :sunglasses: and won two kits in the raffle. Tamiya 1/700 CV-6 and 1/25 AMT 57 Corvette Street Machine.

1 Like

I thought the quality of entries was amazing.
The categories could have been allot better

1 Like

Did you place in any category?

I kind of have mixed feelings. Chris, it was great to meet you. Ryan too bad we didn’t get a chance to meet. What did you bring? I went empty handed. I was surprised that there were not more attendees and at the relatively low number of builds on display. Numbers for the last two pre covid shows were much higher. Perhaps the 8 and 1 rule hand an impact? I felt the armor categories were rather thinner than in past years. Yes I know I contributed to that. Vendors as always were good and all the folks I talked to were great as well and I got to see lots of people I have not seen for a while. Looking forward to next years show already.

1 Like

I agree. I didn’t think you where going to be able to come. I didn’t bring anything so I can leave early. I left just before 4 and miss the awards. You going the AMPS Nationals at VA Beach?

Locked and loaded for that. Arriving toward evening on Thursday departing Sunday morning. It’s a 5-6 hour drive from south central PA.

1 Like

I plan to at least attend only being 3 hrs away. Not sure I will compete or not.