2022 SC Scale Model Mega Show:: Saturday, 18 June

Hi ya KitMaker friends!

I want to let everyone know that this SC Scale Model Mega Show is scheduled and on track for Saturday, 18 June 2022 at the SC Army NG Armory on Bluff Road, Columbia, SC.

We’ve been assured by the armory that there will not be a repeat of last year’s a/c fiasco. For this year, we’ve also refined our judging processes (last year was a totally new show format for us, so we, admittedly, had a few kinks), so we expect things to run much more smoothly and quicker this year.

Please don’t be fooled by this year’s show poster design. As always, the SC Mega Show is an ALL GENRES SCALE MODELING event. If it’s a scale model, it’s welcome. There’s room for all!

Entrants are assigned an individual display area to organize and exhibit as many models as they can fit in it. Each entrant may select a single piece of work for the juried judging. Individual awards are based on skill levels and the judges written scores. Field awards are made by gold, silver, and bronze medals.

Additional judging and awards are made for the Best Of categories and Show Themes. We also offer a special award for the Best Overall Individual Exhibit (which includes all of the work on display by that modeler).

At the end of the show, all the written score and comment sheets are returned to all entrants. We want our show entrants to know exactly what the judges saw and thought about their work with the intent of taking that feedback to improve their skills, craft and art.

We have sold out over half of our available vendor tables, and expect, as in years past, to completely sell out before the show. If anyone is considering vending, I’d highly encourage you to contact our Vendor Coordinator ASAP to reserve your space.

Finally, we ask everyone who is considering entering and exhibiting to please read all the rules.

Complete and up to date info on the show can be found on the show website:

2022 SC Scale Model Mega Show

Hope to see ya there!

1 Like

Last year was an excellent show with lots of vendors. I enjoyed walking around checking it out the models and items for sale. I did bail out shortly after the AC system went on the blink and it started warming up.

Hope to make it again this year and bring a few models and enter one for judgement this time.

1 Like

We’re looking forward to it!

Hopefully this year is the end of the beginning of the return to normal with everyone ready to move on from the “new normal” and get back to the old “normal-normal”!

Happy modeling!

1 Like