6 levels of modelers, which are you?

Ah, therein lies a problem. While I have dabbled, I have not fully come over to the dark side of WW2 German armor, and would not know what I was talking about. :grinning:

I do like your #8 by the way.

4 Likes

I am currently in the frustrated and not finishing models group due to lack of painting skill and talent.

4 Likes

so do I👀

1 Like

I believe it takes more time to improve rather than talents.

4 Likes

I like your in-box review of that list with all the sprue and parts count, and errors in the I-Sheets :grin: :rofl:

I think the whole list was just a joke way to get to featuring #6. Like you said [wrote], there are a little bit of each # that can describe ourselves to some degree. I chose the number I chose because it was where I wish I was and convenient

4 Likes

I happily bounce between 1, 2 AND 3. Sometimes all on the same build.

1 Like

I do appreciate that, Amigo, but have you seen the painters over at Putty&Paint? I never compete or try to outdo someone else, but man, there’s still a heck of a lot to learn if I’m ever gonna make my figures get up and walk off the base. Hence, the #1 for me. :wink:

2 Likes

Ya killin me, Smalls, ya killin me!

2 Likes

Not knocking his analysis, but that’s a bit deeper than I would consider pondering when in the bunker. I know, some of us are analytical, some are expressive, the rest inbetwixt. I recon I never thought that deeply into what or why I do what I do, but instead I concentrate on the Moon, the art of it all.

Great vid post Drab.

2 Likes

I know what you mean. So many of us have untold numbers of kits in the “stash.” One word of wisdom. Do the models how you want to do them. It’s your kit, your model, and no one elses. Play with your techniques. Study others here and on YouTube. The practice only improves you! With this in mind, you’ll improve. Slowlyy but surely. Most of all, have fun!!

8 Likes

#1,2,&3. Lol That’s me.

2 Likes

That’s really and truly the ONLY rule, isn’t it? HAVE FUN. If something isn’t fun, don’t do it. Model your way and have fun.

11 Likes

Stirring the pot bump for additional discussion…

2 Likes

Troublemaker :grinning:

2 Likes

I’m a 2 and a 4. I revel in it. But only rarely Revell in it.

6 Likes

Seems Ta-miya there’s a lot of Dragon’s in that AFV Club…wink

5 Likes

Well played sir :rofl:

3 Likes