8 Wheelers from 1965 - to Present

Matt @SSGToms , mate could you do me a favour please, after you have Xmas day/boxing day out the way, could you extend the deadline on this by 2 weeks out to the 14th of Jan 23… I’m afraid it’s Ryan…he is such a forgetful slow coach… His LAV needs to get across the line … ( And it may help Petbat out as well :grin:) … Many thanks in advance :+1:

2 Likes

I am slow but this time I will blame the software/campaign manager. With other campaigns when viewing the threads there is little reminder saying when something is ending. I have used that to figure when I need another gear. The French campaign has/had this.

1 Like

No problem John - got yer six. Campaign extended to 14 Jan 2023.

3 Likes

I can’t figure out why the title doesn’t have that little “Ends in 24 days” flag.

1 Like

Harsh …:frowning::sob:… Good point though… I genuinely don’t recall seeing anything in the campaign set up that does the countdown flag…I have seen it in others… Will have to explore that in a bit more detail next time I do a campaign…

2 Likes

The trick is to follow Jim’s instructions about setting an “Event” with start/end dates picked from a calendar. It’s not very intuitive I must admit, especially as earlier in the process you also pick the dates, but that does not start the timer!

Anyhoo, I finished my build, and used the snazzy new light box I got from the red-coated elf! Still need to play around with settings and colour balance…

It was strictly OOB, as fixing the issues with AM would cost as much as buying the much better TAKOM kit…

9 Likes

Cracking build Tom, looks terrific colours are spot on and the sympathetic weathering is just right. Really like it … top work :+1:

Love it Tom. Really nicely presented. Not over done, but certainly not understated either.

Thanks guys!

Great looking build there Tom- great clear pictures too from the light box!

Very nice looking !

Overdue for an update. After several (yes several) attempts, I finally managed to get the ‘over grill’ spider mount’ all but sorted for the ASLAV-R. For something so basic, the amount of trouble getting everything correctly lined up was a challenge. It is not finished, but it is little details needed now.

This is current progress showing some other small scratch built parts - the conversion kit is meant for a different base kit which has the parts, but my donor kit didn’t. The pics also show the conversion needed to AFV Club’s RWS kit. The conversion is for an R that just has the MG on commanders cupola ring, but I want to do a specific vehicle - Australia doesn’t have a lot of these. This is just dry fit and not positioned correctly in the pic.

A few small details to add to the vehicle itself, scratch build some spent shell baskets for the RWS and a little detail there and then ready for paint.

6 Likes

That’s looking very good Peter… Some cracking details there and very nice scratch building… Very well done :+1:

1 Like

Looks great Peter.

1 Like

Not as nice as Peter but been knee deep in pe today. :crazy_face::face_with_spiral_eyes::dizzy_face::woozy_face:

2 Likes

But some seriously good progress :+1:

1 Like

You’re a brave dude! PE usually stumps me…

1 Like

That’s some tasty white plastic going on! Gotta love a little Evergreen art.

1 Like

So far it hasn’t been too bad. The worst and probably most needed is the exhaust grill. The crane bits are needed too but that is easy folds.

1 Like

Glad that, unlike the other words, there was only one ‘e’ in that one…

:rofl:
Nothing like a whiff of Brass filament to get you going…

1 Like