A new photo etch bender

well I seem to have lost my second bender again! I had an Etchmate 3C (the metal one) and the small “hold and fold”. Where are they I have no idea. Looks as if Etchmate is gone, and so far Meng is the only one I fine. RP Toolz used to have them, but can’t find anybody selling their products. Anybody have an idea as to what direction I need to be headed?
thanks in advance
gary

While I don’t have Dspiae’s PE bending tools, I have many, many of their other ones, and I expect their PE bending tools are just as good. Easily, in my opinion, the best hobby tool maker out there. You can buy their tools direct from their store on Aliexpress (one of the few things that AliExpress sells that is not counterfeit!), HobbyEasy, and in the US from Boomer’s Books and Empire Models.

https://www.dspiae.com/en/a/PRODUCTS/PRODUCTSC/

2 Likes

The Small Shop makes the “Hold 'n Fold” series of PE bending brakes. They have sizes from the Mini Hold 'n Fold all the way up to a 5.5" model:

The Small Shop

I’ve been very satisfied with all the tools that I’ve got from them, and their customer service is also quite good. A real person answers the phone and your questions. I’ve had total success ordering direct from them.

3 Likes

The Small Shop is a machine shop that does photo etch tools in addition to other work.

Oh, I finally found out whose tool I have been using for over 10 years!

3 Likes

I saw four or five items I want real bad!
gary

You will not be disappointed with any of their tools, at least I haven’t been They are expensive, but quality usually is.

1 Like

DSPIAE make a couple of PE benders. They are also the ones that make the PE bender(s) that Meng sells, so likely can get the DSPIAE one for less than the Meng.

Then there is always the Small Shop, they make a number of great PE benders, and are located and manufactured right in the US

According to their website, the people who run The Small Shop are retiring this year. I just bought a Hold’n’Fold since I’ll need one for future kits (like AFV Club).

Super-hobby has a stock of RP Toolz products available:

+1 for DSPIAE. With few exceptions, they make the best hobby tools on the market. Their tools are also very innovative. If you check out their line, you’ll find stuff you didn’t know you needed! Over the past two years I have slowly acquired almost every tool they sell. The quality just can not be beat and the prices are reasonable for what you get. I can’t recommend them highly enough. I bought the vacuum - seems silly but what a difference it makes having a sanding dust free bench! I just got the angle cutter and it is light years better than the chopper. Shop around, though - some resellers have inflated prices. All of DSPIAE’s tools are highest quality, very useful and do their job very well.

OK,… First it was the ZM cutters now this. You now have sparked another tool quest. I am now compelled to go forth and find the holy grail of tools…And so it begins. Again

1 Like

Small Shop " Bug" and “5 Speed” are the best you can get IMO . The quality is top shelf !

1 Like