A one time frequent customer...dio builder

Hi guys, thanks for putting up with this off-topic dio!

@DIOWORK, thanks! Appreciate that!

@Petro, thanks - it was fun, but became a task…see below - :smile:

@Dioramartin Tim, ha, yes, the dio world is fun, and when you least expect it, a source of inspiration rears its head :wink: I guess I could ask you the same? Is there an end in sight for your master build?? :smile: Something I enjoy most about dios is trying to solve problems via scratch work - and I know you are indeed a master of that! But, that also invites them to last as long as you can think of new things to build - haha

As for the Not Bladerunner… it’s collecting dust, and unfinished, but not yet destroyed! About six months ago, I did a big trash run, and at least four dios made their way to the bin. I just ran into a big burn out on the beast - It’s big, awkward, on an unstable base - in other words perfect for eventually finishing!

I’ve been thinking about making it into two dioramas :thinking: one with the two big buildings, and another with just the bar - then add something around it? 1/35 is a great dio scale - - hmm.

I hate to seem gratuitous, and don’t mean to be so, but as the origin of the Blade dio started on Armorama, a long time ago (maybe 2014???), and thanks Tim for asking, here are a few pics - starting in the bar:

I must have been young and ambitious! A few outside of the bar:

There is a long storyline behind this build - inspired by the first Bladerunner. I read all the movie intro text one night and realized, it was (at the time) coming up (ca 2019), and that many of the vehicles could be matched with modern looking kits (at the time I really liked building those MATVs), and I was traveling in and out of China about once a month - combined, I pictured intense urban streets, modern vehicles, and a dio.

And, yes, it resulted in a LOT of practice painting figures - of all types.

A few more:

And of course, a great opportunity to (try to) scratchbuild whatever I could think of!

And, overall, though for whatever reason, not all the lights on:

Some of you might recall from the movie, the giant billboard with a woman on it - for my gal, I chose pop queen Beyonce! and gave her a huge billboard, with the action on the streets below!

Part of the grand and ultimately flawed plan behind this was to make dio that could be photographed from all angles, and not have to deal with unintended background distractions. It was laid out in a “Y” pattern, and works fine is you carefully choose your shots - except, from the outside - it just looks like a collection of scrap material surrounding a busy street!

So, for now, I’ll stick with finishing the race car shop - which, as you can see above has a while to go, then maybe back to what to do with the Like, but not the Bladerunner

Cheers and stay well -

Nick

9 Likes