Academy 1/48 F-4C Kit Cockpit parts needed

Hello Everyone,
I am searching for a friend who bought an Academy 1/48 F-4C at a local show. He checked the kit when he got home, should have checked then, but the kit is missing all the cockpit parts. He got a resin cockpit, but it fits the Hasegawa kit. I do not know the part numbers or the sprue letter(s). If anyone has a junked kit or used a resin cockpit and has the kit parts left over I would LOVE to hear from you to make his day. I will buy or trade for these parts. Thank you all in advance. I hope to hear from someone soon.

Best,
Walter

I am in Ohio.

#1 - Look on Scalemate for the kit. Should have the pdf of the instruction sheet. (and there should be links o all the releases. At least one should have the nsructions) Or check the list of dealers. One , I forget the name, out of Poland, has red O with red Won it for emblem. They usually show the instructions. Parts list will show the sprues involved. Then see if you can e mail Academy for the parts. #2- Check E-bay for “1/48 F-4 parts” Some one off posts can be found. And there is a dealer I’ve have done business with a number of tmes getting replacements/ parts for kit bashes, beaddreamllc . Check his “store” or drop him an e mail. May have it but just not listed it yet.

Hello,
Thanks for the reply and idea to check scalemates. Unfortunately, Academy spread out the cockpit parts over 3 different sprues. So I guess I would be asking for/ buying half a kit. The parts are on the G, K and N sprues. Would have been nice had they put them on 1 sprue. Thanks again for the help and will keep checking Ebay for the parts as well. Just hoped to find someone who built theirs with a aftermarket cockpit and has the parts as spares. Would even take one from another 1/48 academy phantom, I am sure he would build with the cockpit closed. So accuracy wise it would not matter.

Best,
Walter

How bout an aftermarket cockpit yourself? Check LotsofModels. They have a 20% off code right now, so might be cost effective. (And shipping is free. I usually get things in 3 days. ) Academy makes several boxings of the F4B (and the N and J) Think the cocpit would be the same. They do a C/D. Not sure the interchangeability. Not sure about between manufacturers. Keep the guy I mentioned in mind for the future. Great for kit bashes.

I will give it a try. I just talked to my buddy. I think he has most of the parts now, He said that he believe the only part he is missing is the cockpit tub itself. So I will continue to search…

Charlie Mike.

I did give Lots of Models a search. He must be out of quite a lot. My search only came up with a few kits to sell and no aftermarket. I always thought he had a lot. I just could not find a thing. Going to try to see if I can write Academy for him. Worth a shot. Probably get told to go pound sand or something… If it was Tamiya, I could buy the sprue no problem.

Best,
Walter

Yeah, pickings are slim… course everybody is the same with th covid trickle down. (Spur Bros had a sale a week or so ago … Takom kits (?) Bout 75% of the things were out of stock.) LOM’s site is not the most user friendly. But (usually) 20% off and free shipping make it worth prowling. Another thing is they sell a lot of collections/ estate sales, so you find some odd , out of production stuff. I am usually looking for something specific, or specific maker. Lots of time I search on ebay for what I want. LOM posts on there, so if I find something on ebay, I order it on their site for the 20% off.