"Adjusting Track Tension" Operation Santa Fe, Vietnam December 1967

Thank you.

1 Like

Excellent work. Nicely presented.

2 Likes

another excellent diorama and i love all these personal behind the scenes photographs of your tour in Vietnam.

thank you very much for sharing those private moments with us all and I’m glad you made it home!

3 Likes

That makes it so much more a really fantastic build.

2 Likes

I love these! The attention to detail in these dioramas is awesome. They capture the era nicely, yet outside of the Vietnam experience, they could be taking place anywhere the US Army, and perhaps some other armies, have operated since WWII. I specially like this one, showing one of the more mundane and less glamorous aspects of operating and maintaining a vehicle.
Ken

2 Likes

Thank you.

1 Like

Thank you. The photos are of a friend’s tour in Vietnam. I was born in 1970 and served in Iraq and Afghanistan as well as several Central and South American countries. With my dioramas and vignettes I try to depict things that I have experienced and match it up with something one or more of my Vietnam Veteran friends had experienced in order to try to catch the “feel” of the moment. I am glad I made it back, too.

2 Likes

Thank you.

1 Like

Thank you.

Maintenance is key to keep the tracks moving. I am surprised someone hadn’t shown track tension being adjusted before being that it is something done at least daily if not more often depending on conditions.

1 Like

there probably aren’t many vehicle maintenance pictures compared to men with guns in their hand’s…just a thought.

1 Like

That’s true. Plus it may not be as exciting or as appealing to some modelers.

1 Like