AFV Club Centurion 4 RTR Berlin 1961 build

Great progress on the Cent Colin, the tracks look really good with the burnish and the body has gone together nice, any fit issues or all nice and tight ?

Thanks John.
The only issue so far has been with the suspension units.

Parts E20 ends that go on the pins on E18 have holes that are well undersize or the pins they go on are oversize. Either way they do not fit.
If they did as far as I can tell they would stop the workable suspension from moving anyway.
So I just cut the pins off and the ends of E20 and glued them in place.
Now when viewed from the side they look right anyway.

E20 does NOT go directly on E18
Part E9 fits in between and shall not be glued, melt pin …

Well that will teach me to read the instructions properly!

1 Like

I think the appropriate abbreviation is RTFM :wink: :rofl:

1 Like

@BootsDMS
I am going for something like this colour.

2 Likes

Tamiya XF 74

1 Like

@Johnnych01 @BootsDMS or indeed anyone else who can help.
What are clear parts in the instructions please?
Headlights perhaps?

I am trying to avoid making anymore mistakes LOL.
Shall I put them on?

The two objects circled in yellow?

The empty mounting holes (bolt holes?)

Yes that’s them.

I have no clue what they are, You cant see any electrics going into them unless all connections are internal ? They look like they could be lights and if they come with clear parts then thats what they will be. I know the later marks have normal light configuration … maybe this was just typical on this Mk5 (1) variant ??

@Uncle-Heavy Yes those mounting holes.
@Johnnych01 Thanks for the reply.

Looking at Mk5(2) from the dutch army, they have IR headlights fitted in the areas you would expect normal lights to be and they have electrical feeds that come out of the bottom of the lower of those 2 central blocks, so they must be covered/shrouded headlights.
Picture used for reference only

@Johnnych01
@Uncle-Heavy
Thank you both I shall put them on.

1 Like

Cats, see the attached:

BRITISH TROOPS IN BERLIN - NO SOUND - YouTube

Around 1:46 the tanks appear and they - the shrouded headlights - are on. Quite an evocative clip though sadly, no sound.

2 Likes

Another very atmospheric clip in downtown Berlin 1961 - just to maintain the modelling juices!

Germany: British Armoured Exercise In West Berlin - British Pathé (britishpathe.com)

2 Likes