AFV Club M51A2 5-Ton Dump Truck #AF35322

Any ideas as to if/when this dump truck might be coming from AFV Club? It is one of the kits displayed in the recent M110 box.

I’m waiting for an M543 5 ton wrecker based on their M54A2 :wales:

Any chance of seeing your way clear to scratch building the dump box? They can be sorta easy. (Easier anyway.)

I will admit to having done zero research on the subject but any chance the dump bed offered by Mirror Models for their wartime Diamond T might be a match here? The dumps where usually build by a sub-contractor so it would be entirely possible that they might be identical.

(Yes, just throwing out an idea here that might be totally off target.)

I wonder if Hobby Fan US M59 2,5t Dump Truck Conversion (HF 035) would be usable here…

providing you could still find it…IIRC, the dump bed appeared to be closer to the 5-ton version one.

H.P.

HobbyLink Vietnam, new co. All for AFV Club M54 including M51 dump box, M52 tractor conversion, M543 wrecker conv, M246 tractor/ wrecker conv. M? (Its late) bridge truck (c/w correct sized wheels).

Plus M108 crane truck, M123, M125 full kits M35 dump conv.etc.

And a lot of other nice stuff.

2 Likes

Hobbylink Vietnam is expensive crap

I beg to differ. I have built a couple of the Hobby Link sets and have had no issues. Their quality is very good. Their prices are about on par with other 3D/Resin AM full kits or large conversion sets. I have their M52 tractor set and it looks great.

2 Likes

As Gino stated, no issues with Hobby Link. This 10 ton tractor built up easy, and the amount of detail was surprising. Well worth the money, especially considering the range of kits, most of which are ignored by the plastic industry.

8 Likes

Have to agree on Hobby Link. Their M108 set built up into a nice model and I’ve subsequently bought 8 or so other sets including the M123 and M125 full kits. The co. owner is very obliging and Scott at Wanamaker is a pleasure to deal with.

Just my 2 cents worth.

5 Likes

Hobby Link Vietnam kits are detailed well engineered despite having a low parts count.

HLV Rome plow and Marginal Terrain Assault bridge.

6 Likes

Hopefully soon.

5 Likes

Hopefully soon some M880 series Dodges from afv Club

2 Likes

Not to forget this old treasure.

3 Likes

5 posts were merged into an existing topic: M54A2 Quad .50 Guntruck “Easy Rider”

Getting closer. Boxart released today. Hopefully the kit will follow soon. Looks like Aussie decals on it too.

And pics of a built-up model.

Also of note, the M51 Dump Truck and the M52 Tractor had the same exact length frame, saddle fuel tanks, and spare carrier/BII box set-up. With a little work, this could easily become an M52A2 Tractor as well.

4 Likes

I built the Hobby Link M543 kit with no problems. I am looking forward to the AFV release.

11 Likes

Gino, just go ahead and scratch one. Then Hey Presto! AFV Club will release it!!

1 Like

I can wait. Taiwan shops are already showing them in-stock.

AFV CLUB 1/35 M51A2 5 Ton Dump Truck Engineering vehicle – AFV HOBBY

1 Like

Gino, do you know if the M543 is the same rear as the M816…