AFV Club M51A2 5-Ton Dump Truck #AF35322

Yes, the wrecker bodies are all basically the same. The M936 wrecker body is the same as well.

1 Like

Looks damn good. It’s look great with a grader or a dozer next to it and do a dio of US Army engineers building a runway or modernizing a stretch of road.

Couldn’t resist; pulled the trigger. One is on its way to me. Well, not yet, see below.

My plan is to use the shorter frame to add the Hobby Link M52 conversion and @MikeyBugs M800 conversion to build an M818 Tractor. The dump body will be added to a shortened I :heart: Kit M925A2 to make an M930A2 Dump Truck.

I’ll let everyone know how it is when I get it. I don’t think I will be disappointed.

2 Likes

I just love your conversion ideas Gino!

Gino can you show your work as you go for us guys with hands that shake (damn TBI)…

Will do.

Jeesh! If I buy this, I’ll have three M51’s, each from different manufacturers, in my stash…………?!

(But as Gino has said, it would make a good base for the M52 tractor)

Nice start Gino.

Cheers,
Ralph

1 Like

43 posts were merged into an existing topic: M54A2 Quad .50 Guntruck “Easy Rider”

Just received a message from AFV Hobby, the Taiwan Hobby Shop I ordered from above, that the kit release is delayed. It was supposed to be available to ship 5 Feb, but now is delayed until between 28 Feb and 4 Mar. They did offer a refund if the wait was too long, but I will wait. We’ll see how long before I get it.

1 Like

Great subject, i will follow closely your build Gino.

1 Like

Thanks Stephane. Work continues.

2 Likes

Some background photos from REFORGER exercises show the 5 ton dump trucks with canvas cover over the dump bed. Really made for a stout-looking big bully of a truck! And will fit in nicely with Cold War FTX displays.

2 Likes

That was probably a M817 not a M51 truck

1 Like

There is a photo (Tankograd 3039 REFORGER '85 Central Guardian) of a M51 during REFORGER '85 from 23rd Engineers, maybe a reserve truck, but still in service.

1 Like

That’s a nice model of the dump truck.

1 Like

That a nice build and finishes of the Hobby Link M543 kit.

Cheers,
Ralph

1 Like

Just got a note that they are now in stock. Mine is supposed to ship tomorrow. :grin:

1 Like

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: M54A2 Quad .50 Guntruck “Easy Rider”

A post was merged into an existing topic: M54A2 Quad .50 Guntruck “Easy Rider”