Airbrush future

I am at the stage of weathering my lastest build and it’s oil dot filter and pin wash time. This is my first model using an airbrush. I need to apply future before the washes and wanted to know if it’s easy to airbrush or if there is anything to look out for?

1 Like

Funny, I just tried that for the first time myself a couple days ago!
I used Pledge and if I’m not mistaken they are the same product, I found straight out of the bottle works fine as its thin enough already, I sprayed it from around 30psi. A couple thin coats should work great form about 8-12 inches away. For cleaning I used 91% IPA although Windex works good as well.
Hope this is helpful!

1 Like

Mine is pledge too. Jsut what I was looking for! Brushing this stuff is easy so I imagined airbrushing would be too but want to make sure I wasn’t missing something

2 Likes

You guys are right on track. Pledge is a re-label of Future, they’ve changed the name 4 times over the years. Airbrush it straight from the bottle, it’s very thin. Do many light misting coats to build it up until you have a deep shine. Don’t put it on too heavy; it is thin and it can pool, sag, or run on you, and being almost invisible, you really have to watch it. I shoot it at 12 PSI, though, to avoid clouds of overspray, from 6 to 8 inches away. Clean your airbrush with Windex (WITH ammonia) but make sure you spray 2 cupfuls of distilled water through the brush afterward to fully flush all the Windex out. This is an absolute must to avoid damaging the internals of your airbrush.

1 Like