Airfix 1/35 Ferret Scout Car Mk2

The SMM turret set contains everything you need to fit it to the hull including the hull roof section. It’s just a drop in straight replacement. It also has two guns and mounts so you can build an early version with a .30 Browning or a later version with a GPMG.

1 Like

I’ve already made mine I just wondered if I would need to remove the hull top for the SMM turret and use their top.

1 Like

Having had to take a few days off building to have new windows fitted throughout the house I’ve started back with the turret. The SMM GPMG barrel didn’t survive my handling of it and also it possibly depicts an early model fitted to ferrets. I’ve added a brass tube barrel with styrene fume extractor (L8 barrel) and a rudimentary pistol grip which were still kept on the gun when fitted into the gun cradle. Also the kit shoulder pad is added. It’s only dry fitted into the turret at the moment as other things need to be added to the sight/gun cradle such as the linkage bar. As you can probably see I went off angle and drilled through the side of the barrel. This will be filled with CA and sanded smooth.

3 Likes

Nice…starting to look the part mate

1 Like

GPMG fitted and linkage done, also the sight brow pad is on. I’ve fitted the SMM traverse lock which is missing from the kit, but moved it forward a few mm than what is shown on the instructions as it should sit at the corner of the turret floor/wall join to facilitate a spring.

3 Likes