American armor - which kits?

One more simple, well done, but older armor offering from Tamiya would be the M8 and M20 armored cars. Seen here as a work in progress.

3 Likes

speaking of M24 tanks, it seems there are at least an early and a late, plus Korean War vintage. I’ve been wanting to do a Korean War version, and a WWII version for way too long. Is there that much difference between the late and early? And what makes a Korean War version?

I also think we need to add the WWII SPG’s and perhaps some wheeled equipment. Plus lets not forget the M3 tank in all it’s many disguises. Then there is the Asuka M32 and the M31 to add to the quagmire
gary

Bob Dillion probably knew more about the M26 series than anybody I’ve ever seen, In Korea, they used the T26, M26 (a couple versions). He said once that the M46 was kinda where the folded all the field mods and production changes into one tank, so it would be an important hull design. Still waiting for somebody to build the new M46, as it’s looks much better than the Dragon version.
gary

the two Tamiya kits are some of their best, and there is some nice aftermarket out there.
gary

1 Like

5 Likes

My take on the Greyhound

1 Like

Gary did you miss the Takom M46?

Takom covers the basic versions of all of the Patton family in 1/35: M46, M47, and M48. They also have some of the successor M60 family as well. Now if they were to do the preceding T26/M26, they’d have the whole basic family tree aside from a few sub variants of M48.

1 Like

what I meant was to see the kit built up. Gotta be better than the Dragon kit! I expect Takom to do the T26/M26 series in the near future.
gary

If you went to IPMS Nationals in Vegas last year, you probably saw several. So Cal AMPS did a Club Group Build Entry of 1/35 all Pattons, also including the Pershing and M60s. We had somewhere around 80 tanks built of all sub variants. I’m pretty sure that there was at least one Takom M46 in a Korean War winter camo scheme.

1 Like