Anyone ever shopped from here?

Has anyone ever shopped from Discount outlet? They are selling a Revell 1/35 SPz Puma for $5 with $15 shipping and it seems a bit to good to be true. Here is the link to the site.
https://discount.outlet2021.com/content?c=spz%20puma%201%2072&id=4

It’s 1/72 scale, $15.00 shipping. That’s a hard pass.
Never heard of them btw.

I checked, Revell dosent make a 1/72 kit of it. If it was 1/72 I wouldnt do it.

Well the link posted says 1/72, I’d still pass even if was not.
Maybe something iffy with that.

1 Like

Yeah your probably right. Looks like I’ll have to keep looking for one.

Yeah I scrolled down further on that link and it said normal price $137.00, yeah no. It also said Amazon UK.
Keep looking, you can do better.

No imprint, no adress, only credit card payment. oh,oh…

Yeah don’t even enter your email on that site - you’re asking for trouble.

Then it usually is. Weather it be Black Friday electronics with inferior parts disguised as the brand label for $100’s off or not 1/35 plastic models under $15. Which is about the price for the Tamiya M41 Bulldog from most retail shops.

You can even choose the size you want :grinning:
https://discount.outlet2021.com/content?c=spz%20puma%201%2072&id=22

The prize is the same for almost all the kits, whatever the brand or the scale…

H.P.

Yep thats why I made this thread, lots of sketchy sites out there… :grimacing:

This is their description copied directly from the “About Us” section on their website. Looks like they nicked it from a site selling shoes and probably didn’t understand written English enough to notice the text.

• ABOUT US

We are very serious about the overall shopping experience for all our customers from the quality of the Our website to the after sales service for customers require that extra bit of care.

To ensure that the quality of our Our website top notch, we examine each and every Shoes right before they are shipped out to the customer. Being in the business of selling Our website well over 10 years, we have the ability and technical know-how to ensure that all our customers get only the top quality Shoes when they purchase from us.

Only the most dedicated and professional service officers are deemed capable of working for us. We employ very strict screening criteria as well and only employ the best and most experienced in the field of customers support. As such, all our customers are guaranteed a rapid response time for their inquiries as well as top notch service.

Our prices are the best in the market as we present all the Our website to our customers for very low profit margins.

Our dedication to quality and top notch service can be seen from these aspects:

The pictures provided are the same as the Shoes that we sell to our customers

We are able to offer the widest selection of Our website on the internet as we have been in the business right from the start

All inquiries and questions will be answered within 24 hours by our professional and courteous customer support team

We have amassed a great amount of knowledge and technical expertise over the years. If you should have any questions, please feel free to contact us.*

Run away!
C.

2 Likes

https://askandyaboutclothes.com/community/threads/scam-store.241183/

H.P.

Looks pretty dodgy to me. The contact info has an email that is totally different, doesn’t resolve to a web address and also the lookup says it’s pointing at a Russian DNS server.

I think they are using cloudflare to cache the site so actual IPs of the site can’t easily be seen either.

Jim

1 Like

Go Go Gadget Jim, Was doing the same thing on checking its origin

Cheers
:beer: :robot: :beer:

1 Like

You are right Jim, they are using cloudflare and have a 10 out of 10 risk rating from Netcraft!

https://sitereport.netcraft.com/?url=discount.outlet2021.com

1 Like

So I’ve found some great deals online on a couple of kits I have been looking for - old dragon kits. These deals are found on different named outlets, but the content is exactly same. I think there are three different names. I have noticed that the names are different each week, along with the URLs. Best steer clear of places like this.

1 Like