"Are you alright sir?" Retrieving the pilot from an Me 163 Komet Vignette - Inspirations | AeroScale

Adie Roberts continues his inspirations to help inspire modellers of all abilities to work out of their comfort zone building dioramas or just trying new builds.

This is partial text from the full article (usually with photos) at https://aeroscale.net/news/are-you-alright-sir-retreaving-the-pilot-from-me-163-komet-vignette-inspirations
3 Likes

Such a beautiful presentation. Thank you for sharing these works. Please keep them coming.

—mike

I agree. Everything comes together, and I really enjoy the body language and pose of the figures. Inspiring is right. Thanks for posting.

Excellent dio in a small space!..Although a static model is certainly gives off a sense of motion, overall…very inspiring! and the paint job & presentation TOPS!
Thanks for posting,

Knowing the hazards with the ME 163, I would be checking to see if any leaked fuel was dissolving the pilot.

3 Likes

Love the scene. Here is my version of the Meng 1/32nd Meng kit.

Hi Greg

Yep - I think the title should be “Sir - you’re the luckiest guy on earth!”.

It’s wonderful modelling - but a tragically unlikely scenario unless the Komet had pranged after an un-fueled glider flight. The pilot should be wearing a protective suit and (I think) a seat-style parachute - but even then, most Me 163s crash-landings ended with a catastrophic explosion or a firestorm of even tiny quantities of unspent fuel.

Even a “successful” heavy landing in a Komet often resulted in spinal injuries to the pilot due to the lack of a conventional undercarriage.

All the best

Rowan :beer:

Should have called it the ME 163 Pilot Eater. :hot_face: