Are you missing this?

There is not. I mean there are themes, but they are all white page versions. I can look into doing something like that in the future, but don’t hold your breath. :wink:

1 Like

Having to click twice to get to one post is too much work. Kinda like those microwave meals that require heating for three minutes, stirring the contents, then heating again for two minutes. A bit of a turn-off, and who has that kind of time??

But seriously, I’m with Robin. I’ll get to the first page (forum?) , read the description, then decide whether to continue to the post (topic?) or hit the back button.

-Keith

2 Likes

I never thought of this as an issue. I read the title and right click the link to open it in a new tab in my browser to read the complete article and close that tab again. No need to hit any back button.

1 Like

LOL! Really just “spit balling” and fishing around for an explanation on the “willingness” side of the problem. Seriously, it’s not hard or counter-intuitive to follow an announcement from the forums and back. I really think most people “get it.” That means to me that the problem probably isn’t that folks don’t actually know what to do or how to find the info. “Ability” doesn’t really seem a likely issue.

That just leaves a couple of possibilities. If it’s not a matter of knowing how to do something, then it’s either opportunity/circumstances or motivation (or a combination). A classic “readiness-ability” or “willingness” kind of analysis.

Given the number of hits that you say the old site has for the same article, though, it would seem that maybe the real issue is just that the “patronage center of gravity” still hasn’t actually shifted over to the new forums and network sites. That suggests that folks aren’t navigating from here to there because most are not here to start with. They’re getting to the destination from another starting point.

2 Likes

I’m with the “if it interests me I’ll click on the link” group. (And those are some good posts, everybody!) The little counter that tells you how many times the link has been clicked is a neat feature, but is it really necessary? My only complaint is clicking on the link, and the linked site is a dud. (That is, the link works, but the linked site content is not that great).

Jim could you just post the link below the ‘Show Full Post’. that way it looks purposeful.