Armorcon 2022 is approaching fast!

Hi All,
Armorcon 2022 is fast approaching on October 7 – 8, 2022. For more info on the show itself, go to: Northeast Military Modelers Association - ARMORCON Show . In 2021 things worked pretty well, so since it isn’t broken, we’re not going to try to fix it. But, if something didn’t work, it’s high time to get it right. First, we will be swapping the model room with the seminar room. This should give us more space in the right places and much better lighting, too! I think everyone will appreciate this change. Second, because of the room swap, we’re going to have to re-juggle how the un-judged models get displayed. Keep an eye on this space for info as I work on a solution. Third, we will continue with Category XVIII: Classic kits. This is defined as: Out of the box only, 25 years or older, must show proof with the instruction sheet. If you have any questions, email me to discuss it.

In addition, I’d like to turn your attention to the Special Awards we have for this year:

American Heroes

Best 911 (Rescue)

Best Commonwealth Subject

Best Diorama

Best Figure

Best German

Best Junior

Best Ordnance

Best Russian/Soviet

Best Scratchbuilt/ Conversion

Best Sci-fi / Fictional

Best Sherman

Best Small Army

Best U.S.

Best USMC

Best Weathering

Missing “E” Award

Silk Purse Award (formerly the “Rolls Royce” Award)

Show Theme

People’s Choice

Best in Show

Please make sure you check the boxes on your forms in order to be considered eligible for award(s). Some of these awards are donated by various people/businesses and groups, so take a moment to see if your model qualifies. Hey, you never know!

WE NEED JUDGES! For those of you who have attended the extravaganza, you’ll remember we have had 250+ models at this show. For the AMPS system, that requires 4 judges for every piece, that’s a lot of man-hours. If you are coming and you are competing, I would strongly suggest you consider a judging tour. They’re 60 minutes long and any assistance will help us out a lot and it doesn’t have to be judging; if you aren’t comfortable doing that. There are a bunch of other tasks that need doing including ACJ’s, runners, data entry and Ram-Rod. The judge’s meeting is at 9:00 am on Friday and 8:00 am on Saturday. Traditionally, a “thank you” for the judges has been first crack at the vendors. However, this will ONLY be done on FRIDAY morning. Ideally, I’d like to have manpower for 4 tables to start the show (16 judges and 2 runners). So please, if you are planning on coming to the show the night before, and staying at the hotel, I’d really appreciate it if you would come and lend a hand early on. As this worked so well in past years, I’m turning to the web to sign-ups for working the show: I have created a sign-up sheet for helping out at the show. Just follow this link: Sign Me Up and you will be good to go. You can sign up at your leisure and I’ll be able to print it out before the show, with the available slots left for the taking at the judge’s meeting on the respective days.
In the past, we have had people who brought a lot of models for competition and then did not help with the show. Last year, because of the COVID-19 craziness, we limited the number of entries to 3 judged models. We’re going to take the risk and decided to make the limit of judged models 5. Further, I know some people are not vaccinated, for whatever the reason. Anyone who feels uncomfortable being in such close proximity to others, please feel free to wear a mask. To the other judges at the table, please respect your colleague’s choice and don’t make a big deal out of it. If you don’t feel qualified to judge (for whatever reason), there are plenty of administrative jobs to be done in running the show.

In addition to signing up for judging, you can now pre-register for the show at: Pre-Register for the Contest - Armor Modeling & Preservation Society . You still have to pay at the door, but all your forms will be filled out and it’ll all be legible. So I think that’s a win-win for everyone! The pre-registration will on Thursday October 6, 2022. Finally, we have Armorcon t-shirts (both regular and for crew members), mugs and glasses available here: The Great Pumpkin Shop . We’ve always lost serious money on the shirts, so if you want one, this is the only game in town. Sorry about that.
So, to recap: go to the link above and pick out the available time(s) you want to judge or work at the show. Also, if you would like to be enrolled in the Judge’s certification class, please let me know. I look forward to seeing everyone on the 7th and 8th of October and I look forward to working with you at Armorcon 2022.
Regards,
Georg Eyerman
Chief Judge Armorcon 2022
zululand66@gmail.com

See ya there!
If possible I would love to help judge again. It was an amazing learning experience.

just pre registered my 3 models.Looking forward to the show,I missed last years event.

Guys,
Don’t forget to sign up for judging.
Regards,
Georg

1 Like