Assemble in 150 (?) hours! SU-85 mod. 1943 early production. MiniArt 35178

Very interesting variant!

Add some rubber/grippy material on the bottom so that you can open it one-handed. I hold the bottle right next to my cutting mat and use the edge to hold the bottle.

1 Like

Planned update.

With each step, it becomes more and more difficult. To glue just one part, you need to check the compatibility of a dozen neighboring parts. Some parts are not glued yet. Because they still require fitting.

1 Like

Planned update.

Again, I didn’t move forward.
In the photo below you can see what I spent 4 (!) hours on today!

1 Like

Four hours! Friends! FOUR!
I spent on slotting the lattice of armored caps!
The result is crooked, oblique, not realistic. Well, what MiniArt suggested has nothing to do with the original at all.
I will continue to work anyway. I will try to bring them to a more realistic look as much as I can.
But, the question continues to torment me - was it worth it?
A fragment of the original photo is taken from here: Самоход под покраской: yuripasholok — LiveJournal

1 Like

@Vladyslav , I truely admire your perseverance on this model. Looking good!

Thank you Armor_Buff!
I will continue in the same spirit! :saluting_face:
There are fears that I will not meet 150 hours.
I planned to spend 50 hours on assembly. And for painting and weathering - 100. And I already spent 27 hours and did not move a single step. I’ll think how to speed up the process.

Planned update.

And yet, I’ll still work with her!

1 Like

It’s cool! :slightly_smiling_face:
# SU-85 Padikovo 2018.05.04 Test Drive 1

Planned update.

Another hour and a half of work with the lattice. Although I did a lot, the difference is almost invisible.

1 Like

But you know and will see that work every time you look at the kit.

1 Like

Planned update.

Worked for one hour on the second lattice. As a break from the tedious work of picking out plastic, I decided to do something else. Namely, road wheels.

1 Like

Cool drift! :smiley: :smiley:

2 Likes

Planned update.

1 Like

Planned update with a little delay.

1 Like

Planned update.

1 Like

Planned update.

1 Like

Finished with the lattices. All in all, I spent 12.5 hours on this. I decided to stop at this result because I realized that I could spend another 112.5 hours and still not bring them to perfection :thinking: In general, despite the fact that I’m not entirely satisfied with what happened, the result is more or less satisfactory.

2 Likes

For comparison:

2 Likes