Assemble in 150 (?) hours! SU-85 mod. 1943 early production. MiniArt 35178

Hello everyone friends!
It has been more than two months since the last update! Time flew by at the speed of light!
Despite all my life’s difficulties that I have to go through, the work on the model continues. Slowly but persistently I go to the completion of the assembly.
The current photo does not show everything that has been done. And these are the assembled tracks, slightly corrected torsion bars of the double-leaf hatch, the working hinges of the single-leaf hatch, the sloth cranks installed in the position I need, a canvas roll, and little things. And there is still difficult work ahead - handrails and welded seams on the cabin! That’s “entertainment”! After the assembly is completed, I plan to do a small photo session indicating the entire amount of work done.

9 Likes

Keep up the good work. :+1:

2 Likes

Very sweet looking now that it’s built! You have done very high quality clean work on this build! A++

1 Like

Thank you, friends!
Together we will bring this project to completion! :saluting_face:

Looks good. You and me really are brothers, extending builds across months. Fortunately for me, I have a deadline to finish my current model/diorama by mid-June.

Considering my pace, I won’t finish before June either :smile:

1 Like

Friends! Hi all!
Another update and one more step toward the finish!
I did, perhaps, the most difficult work, which I constantly put off “for later”, - welds at the joints of the cabin armor plates. I don’t know how accurately I managed to do it. I did not aim for a 100% copy, but I tried to stick to the basic nuances that I saw on a real museum exhibit.






5 Likes

Also redid the welds on the fuel tanks. Every time I looked at them, I didn’t like them more and more. What I did in a hurry during the campaign was nothing like the welds of thin metal. And it looked more like welded seams of armor plates. Decided to make a change. Slowly, with attention to details and nuances. The result is obviously closer to the real sample.




And how the appearance of the model has changed.

In general, it was probably not in vain that I spent such an insane amount of time (32 hours !!!) on the work done. :rofl: :face_with_hand_over_mouth: :face_with_monocle:

7 Likes

It’s looking great! Keep up the work.

2 Likes

I know you’re currently working on the T-34, but I’m curious if you ever finished this…

1 Like

Colin, I salute you!
Not yet! Waiting his turn after completing work on the T-34-85. I have not yet decided what I will finish first - SU-85 or T34-76.

5 Likes