Avro Lancaster B.I-RAF 300 SQ-Polish-1/72 Revell

Here is my start to the Revell 1/72 Avro Lancaster, it will be done as a B.I using Techmod decals. I do want to replace the kit wheels and fix the flat wing dihedral. I was originally going to use the kit “Johnny Walker” decals.

7 Likes

Changed decals, Johnny Walker was a B.I Special, not going to do large bomb bay doors or get rid of mid upper turret so I will use Techmod decals for RAF 300 Sq, a Polish Sq.

2 Likes

More done on the cockpit and fuselage interior.

3 Likes

I’m ready to add the cockpit to the fuselage.

3 Likes

You sure put a lot of work into this. Looks nice!!!

1 Like

Thanks, just think, I just started this, lots more to go. Hope it comes as good as this 1/72 Airfix 80s mold B.I “Admiral Prune”.

3 Likes

I have the interior installed in the right fuselage , the fit so far is really good.

3 Likes

The fuselage is all closed up, bomb bay doors closed, mid upper turret fairing added and all gaps puttied.

4 Likes

I have the wings started.

3 Likes

Inboard engines are on.

2 Likes

The decals are in.

3 Likes

The engines are all on and I puttied the seams , I need to sand them then finish with the rest of the small detail, parts on the engines.

3 Likes

The resin wheels are in, I tried them on the landing gear and they look “spiffy”!!!

2 Likes

Ready to mask and paint fuselage. I am going to do this like the 1/72 Airfix Lancaster, paint the wings , fuselage and tail then assemble them. It worked out excellent for that kit.

3 Likes

The wings are all assembled. Once the putty is set up I will sand then mask to paint the wings.

3 Likes

Fuselage painted black, green and dark earth next.

5 Likes