Backdating Meng Models Warrior kit?

I am unsatisfied with Academy´s MICV Warrior kit. Now I winderv if Meng Models Warrior TES(H) kit can be backdated with using some parts of the Academy kit (stowage boxes).

1 Like

What’s wrong with the Academy kit?

1 Like

Nothing wrong, but I learned that swingarms are prone to breaking. I also want to try the Meng kit.

1 Like

it can all you need is a couple of items from the Academy the bustle rack and a couple of other minor things i took mengs kit and made mine the most currant variant in use

as you see in the pic my Warrior has the current enlarged stowage bin and Air conditioning unit
as you see in front of my Warrior is normal small stowage bin early Warriors as you know as in the Academy kit had 2 small ones Meng’s kit gives you one of those small stowage bins you are welcome to the one i have

3 Likes

On mine I used a AA interior kit and metal tracks and indeed I had to run a pin down the swing arms due to the weight! Also on the academy kit the drive housings need to be cut by 2mm for the right size and the turret basket raised a bit to allow the turret to traverse properly. If all the lumps and bumps are the same on both hulls you maybe could mix and match🤔

1 Like

Thanks guys! It´s not imminent, I just ordered another FV432 ad AA mortar conversion.

2 Likes

let me know if you want that other bin from my Meng Worrior

1 Like

I will, thank you!

1 Like

i will put it a side for you

1 Like

True about the Academy swingarms! I built the Academy Warrior and my Terpenoid wash caused the swing arms to crack and drop off! They are very fragile. Lots of pins and CA to fix. The rest of the kit is excellent, though.

1 Like

I think the Academy Warrior rides to high as well ?? Sure Ive seen that as well and a lot of built kits look like the gap is to big between top of wheels and side skirt bottom edge …

2 Likes

3 Likes