Banjo - my trusted friend 2008 - 2022

I have been off my A+ game for a few days now as on Thursday, my wife and I had to make the very sad and difficult decision to let our fantastic dog and family member Banjo go on his last long and restful and so deserved long sleep. It broke both our hearts, but he is now in a happier place where he is fit and healthy. We miss him sorely. We were lucky enough to have in our lives for 13 and half brilliant years and he was only ever away from us for 3 nights in that whole time. He is and was such a great big dopey gentle dog

For anyone who has lost a true friend like we did with Ban, then Google something called “The Rainbow bridge.”…
It’s where he is now waiting for us and it’s where I know I’ll see him again.

Love your dog as they deserve it …

9 Likes

I’ve been there before Johnny, and I can feel your pain…

“Dogs’ lives are too short. Their only fault, really.” – Agnes Sligh Turnbull

H.P.

3 Likes

Thank you Frenchy

Its a tough one, Johnny. Banjo looks like such a good and nice boy.

All the best to you and the family.

1 Like

John sorry for your loss. Prayers for you and your wife. We lost our GSH a week before Covid shutdown everything :cry:

It led us to foster cats and dogs as we are not ready for to pick another dog, maybe this summer. I know you already have a puppy to keep you busy.

3 Likes

Thanks Ryan… It does hurt … And thank you Jesper @SGTJKJ :dog:

2 Likes

Hi John, sorry to hear it. Our last gave us 16 and a half glorious years before we had to let her go. That was ten years ago now, and we’re only just starting to think of getting another and making a new emotional commitment.

2 Likes

Sorry to hear of your loss Johnny - I’ve always said there are only two things wrong with dogs …

1. you get too attached to them
  2. they don’t live long enough
    I hope you and yours heal quickly.
    I had to put my beloved Brittany Jester down at 9 years old.
    Took me 3 years before I was ready for another .
    Here is his successor Nugget - 13 and thankfully still going strong.

RIP Banjo -
3 Likes

John, so very sorry for your loss. Your hearts must be broken. A good dog is your best friend and when they go, they leave a great big hole in your heart. Just consider yourself lucky to have known Banjo for the time that you did. My deepest sympathies from a fellow dog owner.

1 Like

Sorry Johnny. Banjo looks like he was a very good boy indeed. May you and your wife have many fond memories to help carry you through.

1 Like

Johnny, sincerely sorry for your loss. Too true that their only fault is they don’t live long enough. Seven years later we are still not over saying goodbye to our sheltie Reagan. May your fond memories of Banjo overwhelm the sadness.

3 Likes

Sorry Johnny for your loss. Losing a dog cuts deep. We lost our faithful hound during the pandemic after 15 and a half years. Time does deaden it a bit so you can remember the good times.

2 Likes

Sorry for the loss of your buddy. Dogs give us unconditional love and see us as much better people than we are. Their lives are far too short.

3 Likes

Thank you guys @RDT1953 , @barnslayer @D1GG3r321 @Canmedic @barkingdigger @SSGToms & @JPTRR … I knew it would touch a cord with other dog owners who have gone through this, they certainly do just give you unconditional love and loyalty… He was a star :star2:

4 Likes

Sorry to hear about the loss of your dog John. Losing a beloved friend is hard no matter their species. :frowning:

2 Likes

Thanks Jim … Appreciated :ok_hand:

1 Like

Sorry to hear John. It’s never easy to lose a pet.
Unfortunately this week we went through the same thing so you have my sympathies.
We had to say goodbye to Big Puss, an elderly stray cat we adopted just under two years ago.
Wish he could have been with us longer, but for the brief period we had him, he had warmth, comfort and as much food as he could eat.

6 Likes

Sorry to hear, my wife and I put down our childhood dogs a few years ago, and were lucky enough to find a sweet dopey boy to fill that hole. It’s a tough loss to take, sorry to hear about it. Looks like he could be yours cousin

6 Likes

Thanks Stephen… I have to say. … Big Puss looks content so he must of loved his time with you …:ok_hand:

1 Like

He certainly does Mead, I thought exactly the same when I saw him … I’m glad we got Luca 6 months… It gave him and Banjo a chance to bond and now we can watch him grow now …
Luca …

He learnt that from Banjo lol

6 Likes