Bell UH-1H EA - Italeri 1/72

Thanks Gino!!!

Hi All, I present the final pictures of Bell UH-1H in Malvinas/Falklands, rememoranding of 40 years…
I hope like them:

Regards, Omar

5 Likes

Wooohoo, a very poor looking kit went well I see. A cool finish. I didn’t know Italeri’s Slick was this bad. It looks suspiciously similar to Aeroplast’s. The 212/214/UH-1N kit is a far better kit for sure. I tip my hat.
One thing I always wondered: The gun hardpoints being in front of the cargo door as seen in the box art. This comes from the Old Esci kits I think. Is there such a configuration realy? I haven’t seen any photos of a real life example.

1 Like

Not overly common, but here’s one.

This was/is an Aussie set-up first used in Vietnam and carried forward. They were known as Bushrangers.

The US Army did not use any long-bodied (D/H Model) Hueys as gunships w/fixed guns, especially forward mounted. Almost all US Army D/H Hueys mounted the M23 doorgun system w/M60s. A few had other guns mounted, but still usually on the M23 system. These were troop carriers and called “slicks”.

Even the one incorrectly depicted on the boxart, Wasp 674 from 116 Assault Helicopter Company, was a slick.

Great. Thanks guys. So I was partialy wrong. This was bugging me for the last 30 years or so. Do I see double sponsons(or hard points, I am not certain about the correct English term)? Seems like there is a standard M60 and 7 shot rocket launcher arrangement at the rear part of the cargo door and a secon one for M134 at the front. This is again different from what the kit /box art provides isn’t it?

Yes, dual hardpoints. All Hueys are designed w/them. On the Aussie Bushranger, the rear one is a modified M23 doorgun mount w/rockets underneath. The front one holds M134 miniguns. In Vietnam, Bushrangers had a dual M60 mount on the rear M23.

The boxart sort of shows the standard setup that was used by the US Army on short bodied (B/C model) Huey gunships, just in the wrong, forward position on a D/H model.

Looks superb Omar :smile:

1 Like

Here I show you two variants, one from the time of the war and the other from today, in both you can see the variants of the supports of the weapons that were installed and the ones that they have today, in all cases these supports do not come with the kit.

In 1982

Today

Regards, Omar

1 Like