Best A-10 Warthog in 1/48 scale

i built the tamiya harrier and wasn’t impressed so i never built anotger airplane kit from them.

When is that one due out?

there is an air wing with the black snake head on the nose. They are often one the first to see combat
in a new theater of operations. Several have done decal sets for them, and Italeri did a kit with the decals. They used to be up in Ft Wayne IN, and saw them all the time practicing down near me. Always a fun show! I’ve seen them roll across bean fields at less than 300 ft many times, and saw them buzz a guy on a tractor once in Shelby County. Think they are stationed out west somewhere now
gary

1 Like

from what some folks in the know have said; the Tamiya kit is nothing but a pre-production prototype, and there were many changes made.
gary

1 Like

and they do the Black Snake decals!
gary

It’s unfortunate there doesn’t seem to be a lot of lots of this iconic bird. It’s one of my all time favourites. Same with the Liberator. It’s always weird to me when there isn’t a modern kit of iconic and sought after bird

The Italeri A-10 I’ve got for Valentine’s day has the Black Snakes decals and for the Idaho and Michigan ANG also.

Two Bobs decals also have the black snakes set.

More info:

My personal opinion. I built the tamiya A-10A, revell monograms and now I’m on the Hobby boss
N/AW A-10A.

And i have to say, the hobby boss kit is my personal winner, just bang for the buck wise. Lots of optional weapons, quick and easy assembly, almost without any flash (mostly on smaller parts, which can sanded or scraped away), flaps can be position how you wish, though you’ll have to make rods yourself. Would love to build an italeri variant someday… I just got disappointed from alot of italeri kits over the years…

Some pictures from my assembly…

8 Likes

Hmmm, might have to give one of these a go. Looks excellent

Up til now, one of the best kits I had on my Bench. Though I still haven’t touched the Hasegawa Raptor & KH F-35C… But only because I’m not sure about the colours on those ^^’
This N/AW A-10A kit, if the A-10A from Hobby Boss is even close, it is a walk in the park. Just the Engine Nacelles need attention and love. A bit of tight fit. Mine is mostly oob, with just the Gun Muzzle & Pitot tube being aftermarket PE & Brass.

1 Like

Black Snakes just arrived in Estonia!! Now these guys know how to bust armor
gary

2 Likes

Video of the new academy a10c by AHHQ, 6 days ago but better late than never, looks pretty good to me…

3 Likes

I see two of these in my future.

1 Like

I’m kinda partial to my son’s old wing, the 23rd FW Flying Tigers myself.

1 Like

I’m glad you asked that question because I was thinking the same thing. while reading these comments, as I too have the Hobby Boss kit in my stash. Hoping to get started on it in the next few months. So I’m relieved to see the good news on it.

The Academy A-10C looks the business. I’m all over that.

3 Likes

When will this be available in the US?

It’s supposed to be here in the US in February
I ordered two from Hobby Easy in Hong Kong and received them a week ago.

Well don’t keep us in suspense! How are they?

2 Likes

Mine arrived this morning. Kit looks very nice. Lots of in box reviews online, and it looks good in the plastic too. Now to try and find the def models deeper intakes, cannon and wheels… or just build it oob.

4 Likes