BEUTE T-34 at Kursk Diorama

Hi all, i have been working on this build for a few months and was finally able to complete it this week. The kit is academy T-34 Beute panzer, it was a straightforward build with minimal issues and over all easy to paint. I used ammo mig paints on it and went with a tri color camo scheme. The figures are from alpine miniature, dragon and ICMs 3rd SS at Kursk panzergrenadiers. The figures were painted with Andrea miniatures for the spring camo and ak interactive for the German grey uniforms. The skin tones were all done with ammo Mig.
The ground work was really fun, i used a grass Matt from ammo Mig, i believe it was the summer steppe one. I colored it all black and applied grass tufts from ak interactive and model railroad wheat/ straw grass to achieve the tall grass effect. I painted everything in a base coat of algae green from ak interactive. I followed this up with a yellow 20% and an ochre earth 80% mixture from ammo Mig and slowly applied it in multiple layers over the build. I took more time to achieve the yellow/ gold look on the wheat grass as it was so thick. I really love how my ground work came out on this build!

10 Likes

Cracking good. :+1: :+1:

Thank you @Armorsmith

Looks great, nice job on the ground cover.

1 Like

@Floridabucco thank you, I’d have to say the ground was really fun to create. This is also my first diorama where i didn’t place styrofoam underneath and realized solely on a wood base and a grass Matt as my starting point.

Really great job on that diorama Greg!

1 Like

@metalhead85 thank you!

The details are impressive I think it’s a great finish. It’s great :+1:t2:

1 Like

@mc_clark thank you, the figures had some great detail for them being a bit older. The detail on them isnt horrible, the medals popped out real well, only gripe is that the collar ranks aren’t there.

Hi, great job! /Erik

1 Like

@DIOWORK thank you Erik!! Btw love your work and channel on YouTube!

1 Like

Thanks man! /Erik

1 Like

Great T34 Gregory.Nicely done.
Rich

1 Like

@Richard50 thank you, it was a really nice and straightforward kit.