Bj212

Actually a Trumpeter kit.
Fit is generally good, wheels poor and I have a resin set coming soon.

Rocket by Meng

7 Likes

I’m in.

Thanks.
I think it stands too tall and I might cut the stand down.

Dan,
Well done, looks promising. Coincidentally, I have a similar project on the go at the moment,
but in 1/72 scale. It will be part of a series of ‘technicals’ that I am working on. The first is complete,
depicting an armed Land Rover during the Civil War in Chad (photo attached).
You’re quite right, the rocket launcher is too high. Perhaps the two images will give you a better idea,
compared with the height of the vehicles.

Looking forward to seeing the result.

Paul

1 Like

Thanks much.
Love the camo pattern!
I get a kick out of these technicals and their crazy weapon set ups.
A6rRsuL
BM5uXBt60ica6t578f5icUX02EM0dHe0EzY799N9M9c

1 Like

I’ve got the Trumpeter box somewhere in the stash- it came with a multi barrel rocket launcher towed behind. I’ve never seen this boxing before.

Your rocket stand would probably be okay if this had a roof like a pick-up but it looks like a roll-over waiting to happen on this chop top! Apart from the height of the mount it’s looking pretty damn good.

1 Like

Like Karl said if the truck had a cab then the two stories is needed, I would probably remove the bottom level/cage.

Here’s the Trumpeter version-

2 Likes

I think you all are right about the height.

1 Like

No reason for it to be that high. They have a very minimal blast signature. Remember some poor Jihadist has to hand load those rockets into the tubes. At least with a roof he’d have a place to stand. Thing is, they don’t even need that huge honkin’ launcher. You can launch rockets very accurately off of a pile of rocks.

3 Likes

I lowered the frame.
I think it looks much better.
Thanks for the inputs.

1 Like

Primer on.

3 Likes

Looks really good. Are those the Trumpeter Africans set?

Paint is on!

3 Likes

libbj-110400

1 Like

That’s a really superb looking camo scheme!

Thanks much

1 Like

Outstanding!

James,

If you were referring to the Africans in the Chad scene, they are 3D printed items (1/72 scale) from FC Model Trend.

Paul

Excellent job so far Dan!