BLOG: Converting the 1/35 Kittyhawk MH-60L into a UH-60L

I’m going down this rabbit hole. I can’t pass up chances to detail things too, so that starts with the seats.

I want to show the seat belt covers pulled down in to reveal the seat belts in a few areas, so I started that with the rear wall seats. No need to create the baggy rear portion here, but I will do it on the other ones later, using putty. I’m using the old Eduard PE set, although the kit has some too. I created a pattern for the covers and I am using masking tape for the Velcro and for the seat belt covers (shaped like a keystone).

Missing is the H bar ceiling support for the crew chief seats. I will either have to scratch it or get it via Werner Wings.

I’m halfway through the L instrument panel using the old Eduard set. It is nice. And fits. I added a few details on the underside of the instrument panel hood. With weathering, they should be noticeable. I’ll have a door open too.

I think my plan is to have the bird parked on the tarmac and either the helo being pre-flighted or someone like me taking photos of it. So I might show it with chains and the Remove Before Flight tags too.

Bob

1 Like

24 posts were merged into an existing topic: Advice on converting a Kittyhawk 1/35 MH-60L to UH-60L

A post was merged into an existing topic: Advice on converting a Kittyhawk 1/35 MH-60L to UH-60L