Bloody Hell - Diorama build overview

Very nicely done Sir! I wonder how I missed this one?
I am still trying to figure this new format out I suppose.
J

Golikell - You’re right. I missed that. The crew should have been bashed about during the crash…

Jerry! If you liked it, I’m really pleased - I consider you the master around here… Thanks

Yeah, maybe even one that is unconscious???

I did think about the rest of the crew. I imagined that they had already fled the scene - perhaps dragging each other… Thanks for your input…

Ofcourse that is possible… I might have added a dragging trail to suggest this :slight_smile:

Cheyenne - Very cool work. Thanks. I have an expensive Nikon camera and a copy of Photoshop, but they don’t interest me as much as Modeling…

outstanding work and well thought out indeed.

1 Like

Never graduated from Hogwarts , lol , my son downloaded some kinda photoshop app thingie for me and it has some really cool filters .

Finally got to view this on my big monitor. As many have already said… This is a well thought out and very dynamic scene, especially given its compact space. I really like your interesting narrative and titling as well. … Bloody brilliant!:beer:

—mike

Excellent work. While I am not an expert on the accuracy of your vehicles, all the elements of your diorama are fantastic. The small details, like chipping and the color variation on your jerrycans make this a real treat.
I recently retired and am hoping to spend more time in working on dioramas.
Cheers to your work and enjoy your retirement!
chuck

Amazing work. I am jealous, impressed, and inspired.

Please, let me know what you think. Any advice to help improve my modeling skills is welcome.

Your figures look very good to me. Not overdone with dramatic over extenuated highlights and shadows. Consider making the flesh tones a bit more “tanned”? Also, the main thing for a North Afrika dio is dust. The vehicles quickly became coated. I think that is not as obvious on Afrika Korps vehicles as they were painted closeto the dust color; consider these darker OD US Lees in Tunisia.

2 Likes

Thanks Chuck, I highly recommend retirement to all of my younger friends. Once you’re able to forget your rat-race job, life is good - and your hobbies can take up all of your time.

1 Like

JPTRR - Thanks for the feedback. I understand your point about dusty conditions. I agree, the Honey, in particular could be, should be dustier, after diving off the cliff. Thanks.

:thinking: Or did she shake it all loose?! :smile:

1 Like

:laughing:

Well that Panzer is right on her tail. :face_with_monocle:

Really nice little scene. For an improvement I have to mention one thing that is really bugging me. That weld seam at the front of the Pz III turret looks like it is coming open. Wouldn’t want to be in that tank in a fight!

You’re right! I missed that - just a little Tamiya putty would have closed that up… Thanks

As a new one to modeling, I appreciate all work done by my peers. I’m only work in smaller scale (lack of space and funds) and so seeing dioramas in 1/35 serves to inspire to do something similar in small scale.
I love the action portrayed in your build, and the sense of urgency by the two fleeing crew.
A well proportioned little scene.

2 Likes