Border Model Tiger I Additional Photos | Armorama

Indeed thank you for the very detailed review and break down of the details.

A++

Apparently Border Models pulled the kits and reworked the molds to correct some issues. Does anyone know what the reworked areas are?

David, was your review done on the reworked molds or the original offering?

During Zitadelles s.Pz.-Abt. 505 used barbed wire along the sides and fenders of some of their tigers as well as the supplementary stowage box on the back of the regular rear turret box. I do not have a picture of a tank with both the logs and the wire but there might be one out there.

I donā€™t have the kit - I am working from peopleā€™s photos, so presumably itā€™s the first batch.

David

There were very few Tigers with that ā€œextendedā€ turret box. Perhaps only two.
So we will have very few photos to analyse.

David

Page 64 of Tiger I On the Eastern Front has a picture of 221 during Zitadelle that shows the second added stowage box and on Page 62 223 seems to show one although the main box is hidden behind a crew member. In Operation ā€œCitadelā€ by Restayn and Moller there is a great rear 3/4 view of 233 with the bin and the wire and a colour profile of it in the profile section.

Well, I have no faith in colour profiles, because the artist has just the same information that we all have, and probably knows less on the topic than we do.

The photos donā€™t show the lid of the box. For that reason Iā€™d be reluctant to put it in a kit at all. Wide lid? Narrow lid? Who can tell?

David