Building my first real ship questions

Any idea how the White Ensign sets compare to the GMM sets? The GMM shipping is $15 vs $3 for the WEM.

Both the GMM and White Ensign sets are relief etched brass, and both are excellent. I happen to generally prefer GMM as they use slightly thicker brass, but really both sets are outstanding products - you can’t go wrong with either one.

So how often does life offer you one very good (Tom’s) and two excellent (GNN and White Ensign) choices? It is indeed a good time to be a ship modeler!

:grin:

Ain’t that the truth! Thanks for your help! I think I’ll order the white ensign as it’s a bit easier to get to Canada.

I’m excited to build my first ship! If this goes well and I like it I plan to add the Graf Spee next!

1 Like

I enjoyed the Trumpeter Spee I even added my first wooden deck and metal barrels

1 Like

The spee is one of my favourite ships. Don’t ask me why I haven’t a clue.

I find this hobby fascinating. I’ve never had any desire to do ships, and then I started sifting through pictures of them and started to see the beauty in them and I got interested. I definitely plan to add a Japanese cruiser at some point