Bulgarian WWII Campaign(starts Sep. 8th 2021, ends March 3d 2022)

This campaign is about equipment, used by the Bulgarian Army in WWII.

Timeline- start September 8th 2021, end March 3d 2022 (Sep.8th 1944 Bulgaria declares war on Nazi Germany, March 3d is the National Day of Bulgaria). I’m open to any changes proposed.

Equiment- tanks, assault guns, cars, trucks, guns, wingy things- the choice is yours.
No scale restrictions- build in the scale you feel most comfortable in.
Feel free to add figures, dio bases and whatever enhancement you feel like.
Build as much as you like(I’ll build at least 3 tanks).
Have fun

Here is a list of Bulgarian equipment during WWII.

5 Likes

This does sound very interesting.Think I might be in.

2 Likes

Well done Angel for giving in and organising this …, and of course I will join in on this one. Have no idea what I will be building, but rest assured you are going to getting asked hundreds of questions my friend !!! :grin: :grin: :+1:

3 Likes

As I said, you had a lot of interest without asking, and now you have asked, I think you will quickly get a following!

…and of course, I am in…

2 Likes

Some interesting pics and info here.:

So many options with what I already have in the stash…

2 Likes

Bit more teasers:

Some Bulgarian Army trucks:

Vehicles from the Bulgarian Arm.Bde:

Bulgarian Maybachs in Poduevo,Jugoslavia:

Some Bulgarian tractors with artillery pieces, I’ve built over the years:

More to follow…

Cheers,
Angel

3 Likes

I feel as I should join. :joy:

Count me in.

1 Like

Sure I’ll join, I have a 1/35 Dragon Pz. IV H, and an ANCIENT Monogam 1/35 Panzer 38 (t) that I could do up as Bulgarian. Coincidentally this campaign is starting on my birthday!

2 Likes

Oops! Angel, the idea is great! I participate. I will be able to add someone else to these three.

And for a long time now I’ve only been watching others create and build.

5 Likes

Nice to see you joining in again Kalin. You too Ezra.

Angel, stop showing pictures, I have too many options already! :stuck_out_tongue:

Is this Simca in Bulgarian markings? I note ‘the list’ says 17 were in use by the army.

2 Likes

Yes, Peter!

The car has Bulgarian civilian marking, the number plate is from Sofia.
The Simca might be a requisitioned car- those vehicles kept their civilian markings while being used by the Army.

Cheers,
Angel

Just one more, pleeease…

A Bulgarian Stoewer R200 Spezial:

:beers:

3 Likes

I have seen that pic before - Love it.

Okay, I am doing the Simca and something else too!

Like this one?!

They were called Прага(Prague) in Bulgarian service and equiped the 9th Arm.Coy of the Bulgarian Arm.Bde.

Glad you joined, Ezra!
Will think of a special present for your birthday,

Cheers,
Angel

3 Likes

Lots of kits to mull over… That link @petbat gave was interesting… I’m tempted by a Jagdpanzer IV or one of T34/85s…maybe even a Panther… Do you know of any good reference shots of those @ayovtshev ? I think the key things are going to be veh markings on this campaign… It’s all got to look spot on…

Yah thats it Angel!

Normally I would toss a kit like this but I got it for free at a yard sale as is a few weeks ago and I have enough spare Panzer tools and such I can make it somewhat presentable. (I hope…)

As you can see I will need to get new tracks as the kit ones are crap, and new mg’s as well.

2 Likes

John,

T-34/85 is not suitable- it’s true some were delivered in the beginning of 1945, but they were never fielded in combat, nor even came close to the front…The T 34/85 was the workhorse of post-WWII Bulgarian Peoples Army for more than 15 years.

Jagdpanzer IV- there were some Soviet trophies, delivered to Bulgarian First Army in Hungary. You can choose between Jagdpanzer IV(the one with L/48) and the Panzer IV/70(V).
I’ve built the later and can provide you a picture.

Don’t rush to say Great!

Because there are some pictures of the 15 Panthers(again Soviet trophies, transferred to Bulgarian First Army in Hungary) lined up in the barracks of the Armored Brigade. Here is one and a color profile:
Imgur
Imgur

HTH,
Cheers,
Angel

3 Likes

Good info, thanks Angel, and yes, I would love to see a pic or 2 of the Pzr IV/70… It looks look my choice will be a Panther D, A or G or either the Pzr IV/70 or Jagdpanzer IV… Plenty of research time to decide.

2 Likes

OK John,

PM me an email and I will send you via Wetransfer what I have on Bulgarian Panthers and Jagdpanzer IV/Panzer IV/70(V)

Cheers,
Angel

1 Like

Boss, will you have enough topic to show all the pictures. With you, they are like Santa’s sacks. There is something for everyone.
I had forgotten the photo with the horns.

2 Likes