Can I make a wet palette for Tamiya acrylic paints?

I think you’ll have an equally hard time with AK real colors. Laquer doesn’t brush well either

May I ask, why do you want to do things differently? There is a reason everyone uses Vallejo… they work well

My experience with Vallejo’s is excellent. I paint my figures and other details with them and they perform great as long as you thin them properly. I use a wet palette too which works great. When I do faces though I use an aluminum well so I can control the consistency easier. Just a preference of mine.

If you’re talking about AK 3rd Generation acrylics, they are in my opinion every bit as good as Vallejo acrylics. I have both that I use for figure painting. They are both very good for brush painting and work well with a wet palette. AK Real Colors are different. They come in the same type of bottles as Tamiya and are basically identical in how they perform: great for airbrushing but not so great for brush painting.

I’ve heard good things about their 3rd generation acrylics yes. I have a few; namely the German Dark Grey that I will try on a future project.

The German dark gray is really nice! Used it on this guy lightened with a bit of buff

1 Like

I would generally recommend Vallejo- they are easy and nice to use plus they have a massive color range. Andrea also make paints very similar to Vallejo.

Personally I like Scale 75 Scalecolor Artist which are soft, tube based paints. They are just terrific for brush painting and have wonderful pigments- perfectly suited to using a wet pallette too.

Thank you for all the information, I will do my own research as well to determine which one I will pick.