“Checking out” 1/35

I have worked with the groundwork tonight. The extended part to the right looks better now. The para in front have a solid place for his feet’s. And I found a piece for the balcony, originally it looked like the white one below in the picture. It’s not ready yet but looks better than before. Yeh, that’s about it. Cheers

5 Likes

4 Likes

PS I especially like this angle. Over and out.

5 Likes

I agree Erik, that last angle looks very dynamic and captures the moment really well :+1:

1 Like

What a fantastic building I think the door fits perfectly and the whole scene is interesting.
I do not understand how you have time to build and paint figures in such a short time / Very good work

1 Like

Very cool Erik , well laid out , sez a lot in a small space which can be hard to convey but you aced it !!
Don’t worry about the English or the spelling , my spelling is carp too .
Bad spellers of the world untie …

4 Likes

OK I see you’ve now resolved the problem by dropping the sidewalk level on the right (previously blue foam with a streetlight on it), that works much better & looks great :tumbler_glass:

1 Like

Hi guys,
After I finished the 1:72 vignette Enemy in sight I want to continuing working with this scene.

I want to scratch build the most of it, so I tried to make a door by my self for the first time. I used balsa wood.
I painted it in black, dark brown and sand before non of the colors had dried. So it just a mix of them, this is just a test and the paint will work as primer for the next layers of colors.
Well I think it cold be something of this balsa magic wood:)

I am thinking of the design on the building. I am into some of this type of Normandy style houses.
Cheers!

9 Likes

I really like the whole concept - Checking out!
Ken.

1 Like

Outstanding! Very creative use of the Verlinden base being incorporated into an amazing scratch built vignette. A++

1 Like

That is a good angled shot Erik. Figures look spot on in how they are posed. :+1:

1 Like

Thanks guys!
I have been working with the two doors.
Here you see some pictures.

I decided to use a chair as a detail outside the building. A red and golden chair will make a good contrast to the dead German and the building.
The chair is from a Miniart kit.

I also tested to make the first two bullet holes. There will be a lot of them in this vignette… :sweat_smile:

Over and out! /Erik

7 Likes

Ramping up nicely - your choice, but would a few more random shots into the doors/sign/walls work OK? (If there is no Balsa Fan Club yet, let’s start one) :tumbler_glass:

2 Likes

AmazingLiveGosling-max-1mb 113

1 Like

Oh man, will it be more bullet holes? Does the Pope have a funny hat?? :innocent:
The building have been under siege of German troops for 2-3 hours, and man, they weren’t out of ammunition… :rofl:

1 Like

Can you explain more about how you are building the door?

1 Like

Great how this is evolving Erik. That work you did on the chair is very nicely done, really adds to the outdoor scene and carnage after a massive fire fight and CQB.
Keep those bullet holes coming :grin::+1::+1:

1 Like

What a great restart of this diorama I really like the door and the chair. Keep up the good work

1 Like

Ryan, this one is for you! I made another door just to take pictures and show the steps.

6 Likes

I made one of the inner doors, the ones which opens inside. To get the best result out of them I realize that it would be better to make some more deep in the background.
I probably let the viewers see about 40 mm inside the hotel instead of 20 mm as it is now.
Then I don’t have to cut the inner doors. This could be quite cool. I also decided to build the house all the way up to the roof. But I want to keep it as low as possible, maybe the second floor will be a little higher than it is right now, about 20 mm I think.
Well that’s it for today. Cheers

6 Likes