Community guidelines, how do I get the badge?

I have read them over and over again, but not seeing the badge credit. What’s the trick?

If I say I have no idea will you be mad? :slight_smile:

Um… not sure. I have that one and don’t even remember reading them, but I guess I must have. Some of these may be done via a timed procedure of some kind. I would give it some more time and see what happens.

Anyone else having this issue?

Can’t be mad, it’s in the guidelines.:grin:
Thought I’d ask in case I was missing something.

I got the Community Guidelines badge, but I don’t quite know how I did it. One thing I did do was opened the linked text.

I’m dumb lucky that way. LOL

Yeah I did the same but nothing.
Oh well, not the end of the world.

1 Like

If you double click on the three-line icon next to your user icon in the upper right, there will be a dropdown menu. One of the listing options is “Badges.”

Double click “Badges” and you’ll get a full page showing all the badges used in this site. There are brief descriptions of how each badge is “earned.”

Also note that the membership / trust levels are listed and discussed here:

Understanding Discourse Trust Levels

Thanks for the info, I have done all that and as @staff_Jim said previously it might be some timed thing.

1 Like

@markiii

Well anything beyond what I can just surf onto here and read is beyond my kin with regard to how or why any of these badges are “awarded.” All of mine (except the Certified badge which requires completing the discorobot tutorial) were simply done automatically by the system with no particular effort on my part.

Honestly, I’m not even sure what some of these things actually are. For instance, a badge for “oneboxing” or “wiki editing.” I have no idea… :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

At the risk of being patronizing, I might suggest to be sure you were actually logged on when you hit the various gates, but I’m sure you already considered that.

Good luck! I’m sure we all need it! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Yep was logged on, probably just missed the window of opportunity if there is any.
As far as OneBox, it is when you post a link on it’s own line if I’m not mistaking.

1 Like

Update on this: I initially read the guidelines on my phone and no badge , just read them on my tablet pc and bingo… Got the badge.

2 Likes