Completed Freikorp diorama

I’ve been working on this for the past few weeks. I built the dioramas base using cork board as the base and popsicle sticks for the sidewalk. I then went back and cut styrofoam so i could stabilize the base a bit more. Finished off with some veneer wood and a stain. The street was covered in a thick paste and repainted in shades of grey, ochre and stone grey. The figures are from copper state models and the whippet is from Takom. I used ammo migs Highlight grey as the overall color and used dark wash as well as some oil paints for streaking. I made the flags using white printer paper soaked in a solution of white wood paint and water to dilute it. Folded them a bit and placed them down with no trouble, only issue was it took longer to dry then i thought.

17 Likes

Looks good. :+1:

2 Likes

Congratulations for finishing your project! The interplay of grays on the tank make it look very menacing. It reminds me of a modern film shot through a filter that subdues colors and makes everything look bleak. The soldier looks suitably unhappy with the whole affair, as he should. I really like that he is carrying all those stick grenades. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

@Damraska i like the sound of that. After my last dip i attempted to incorporate more variation in shades to the base of a diorama. Making everything looked used and overburden. This dio was really fun to do. Figures are becoming an easier process for me once the uniforms complete. Love that the freikorp figures came loaded down with hand grenades like you said. Gives more depth to what could be waiting

1 Like

Looks fantastic!!

2 Likes

@Floridabucco thank you

1 Like