I finally got around to taking some pictures of the Tamiya AAVP-7A1 I finished recently. I used the Hobby Fan EAAK conversion, the Hobby Boss indy-link tracks, and some PE tie-downs from a Voyager set. The resin EAAK was a pain to work with, with a lot of warpage and shrinkage throughout. I ended up scratching the large handholds from wire and PE bolts because the resin ones were unusable. I also scratch-built the vision ports for all three station because the kit had solid ports that were the wrong shape (vertical and inset instead of sloped and flush). The stowage is mostly Hobby Fan stuff, with a few other items from the spares box thrown in.
The markings are for an OIF 1 vehicle from the initial invasion. I copied them from a picture, created stencils with Tamiya tape, and sprayed them on to replicate the crude look of the original. This was my first time spraying camo freehand–I think it came out well. It was also my fist time using an extensive resin conversion, which could have gone better (you’ll see some of the EAAK panels are not correctly aligned).
Please let me know what you think and what could be improved.