Currently on my bench - 1/35 building construction

Starting on my diorama base today. This is the underside so far, can anyone see a theme here? Haha :wine_glass:

3 Likes

Is that a Norse shield?!

3 Likes

Haha it actually looks like it with the bracing on there, its actually a 250L wine barrel lid with the rings flattened and cut to fit. It would be the perfect size for a shield looking at it though haha

1 Like

While I am waiting for some pigments to arrive for my churchill build I have started making the tree for my diorama. After watching a few different tutorials I got stuck in and have made the wire frame. I wanted a large thick tree like an oak or maple and am very happy with the progress so far for my 1st attempt.

I wanted the tree to have twin leaders with one snapped off (which will be from the bomb damage to the house, which will be added to the dio) and regrowth shooting from the snapped trunk.

Any feeback or suggestions will greatly appreciated.

This is my main inspiration and reference I ised for the tree size and broken trunk.

images.jpeg-30

3 Likes

The tree looks very nice at this stage. :+1:
What are you going to coat it with?

1 Like

Thanks @Tank_1812. It was easier than I first thought. Using 2 different sizes of very soft wire definitely helps.

I am planning on using Vallejo Diorama Effects Earth Texture. After reading some reviews and a few tutorials I chose this due to the slight flexibility in the acrylic paste compared to say plaster. I am open to suggestions though.

I am contemplating what to use for foliage. I don’t want to glue individual laser cut leaves onto the branches.

1 Like

Was curious cause I have used Vallejo myself.

Some options for leaves: Noch leaves, floral dried plants, punched leaves from paper or real leaves.

1 Like

Sadly, what’s on my bench/workspace can only be described as semi organised chaos …

In amongst that are 4 builds and then there are a further 2 under the table … :grin:

2 Likes

That looks super clean to me.

1 Like

Now I feel better :smiley:

At least you have a dedicated place for the hobby

2 Likes

And it was suggested by SWMBO … Very thoughtful of her :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

A wife that supports the hobby - I have one of those - that’s how you know she’s a “keeper”.

5 Likes

Nick,

Great stuff there.
Brick color system looks very realistic. I shall try that next time I do a building.

1 Like

Thanks @Neo. This house is sitting in my display cabinet waiting to be added to a diorama and finished. The wine barrel top I made warped due to the staves drying out so I scrapped that idea. Then I moved house and its been on hold until I figure out how I want to mount and display it.