Detroit Mission Parameters
Objective, Michigan Toy Store
- Get map and overlays for the store and route.
- Use WAYZ’s for distance and travel time, ingress and egress routes.
- Do an internet search for photos of the objective so there will be no confusion as to which building and door will be your objective. Identify hours of operation for mission success.
- Travel in pairs for better security.
- Circle the block looking for possible ambush sites.
- If all clear, driver slows while you bail out and assault the objective.
- Once the objective and mission are completed, radio driver for extraction.
- Extraction will be a touch and go at the objective’s door so sync watches.
- Driver will circle block once more looking for possible hasty ambushes. If all clear, driver will momentarily halt at the objective and then go.
- If any BS ing is going on at the counter with proprietor, you might miss the extraction so avoid any unnecessary contact.
- Once abord vehicle, radio home base and debrief on the success or failure of mission.
- Return to home base.
Friday we stopped at All Nations Model and Hobby Supply
in Stephens City, VA, off I-81. Great place. New kits and classic kits. Supplies and accessories. Bought 1966 kit still in shrinkwrap. Definitely going back!
Never been to these but learned about them the same time I was told of All Nations Model:
Hobby Hutt, Winchester VA
Loco Joes, Inwood, WV
Do not remember the name but there’s a hobby shop in downtown Warrenton Virginia.
Planning to visit all next time I am in the area.
[quote=“18bravo, post:65, topic:32275”]
Did you already list Who’s hobby house??
I wonder if that is why s/h is so outrageous buying from England via evilBay? I tried to buy a small envelope of glazing (windows) for $3, but s/h was $40+.
I did. It is a nice shop. In fact I need to stop in there as I have a few things on my shopping list.
Hope to be visiting it in a week or so.
MRS Hobby in Sandy, Ut, at the south end of the Salt Lake valley. They just closed their other location that was closer to downtown Salt Lake. They have a good selection of kits of all types, new in the box and from consignment, plus supplies of all types. Prices have been good.
4862 Summer Ave
Memphis, TN 38122
Who’s Hobby, Rapid City SD.
Glad that you had a chance to check it out Dan.
Thanks for letting us know about it.