Curvy Tanks Campaign

Great build so far Peter.

Where are those tarps from? They’re very realistic looking.

They are resin ones that came with the Firestorm Australian Matilda II set. Fit like a hand made tailored glove to the turret. I liked them so much I had to add them, which left me limited in my markings as the other vehicles in the Eschelon set for the 2/1st had a tool box on the rack instead.

1 Like

Peter, your Matilda is looking great! That color looks perfect for the jungle green. :+1:t2:

Today I airbrushed on a more thinned and translucent coat of the same color over the dark areas to reduce the contrast…

Now the contrast is far more subtle…

4 Likes

That is looking fantastic Carlos.

Really nice, Carlos. :+1:t2:

@petbat, @SGTJKJ, thanks guys! Now I see a lot of brush painting detail work on this puppy… :thinking:

1 Like

Today was a paint session on the stowage items base colors. Almost four hours using most of my enamel Olive Drabs, Olive Greens, Khakis, and most everything in between to paint the items. The beautiful thing about using enamels over acrylics is that any enamel mess ups onto the base acrylic IDF Sand are easily cleaned up with paint thinner.

Tomorrow I need to work on the road wheel tires and the exhausts.

5 Likes

Looking very nice!! I love a bit of stowage… :roll_eyes:

The stowage is coming along nicely. It is like fifty shades of olive drab :slight_smile:

1 Like

Construction is moving along nicely. More to follow soon :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Looks good Jesper. Is that a set of un-destructed DS tracks I see? You got lucky… :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks guys!

@SGTJKJ, I like how your Sherman is coming along as well!

So I’m inching this one closer to the final stages. Last week I finished up painting the road wheels, commander’s .50 cal., and today I did the final straps on the stowage items, and the mantlet canvas dust cover

So this is how the build looks now

Next up, gloss coat and decals…

6 Likes

My first reaction too Tom!

The second was that he must have used other DS tracks to hold the hull together. :rofl:

The Shermies are looking dashing guys.

Todays update, gloss coat and decals on.

pretty basic markings, blink and you’ll miss them…. next up, some pin wash in select areas

8 Likes

I’m for yes! :fist:

I finally had some uninterrupted bench time today, so I finished up the detail work on the stowage by cleaning up the oil wash that I put on a few days ago, then adding some dry brushing effects.

I also continued work on the crew figures…

more to come soon…

6 Likes

This is looking great! At first I never really liked this design but your work has changed my mind completely.

Thanks Dennis. I’m in the same boat. I hadn’t thought much of this particular Sherman variant until I started researching this project during the build. It sure grew on me.

1 Like

Tracks painted and installed

Not much farther to go now…

6 Likes

Great looking tracks!

And I love the damages to the rubber bands of the wheels!