DAK Color confusion

Which RLM color would be the best to duplicate the 1942 version of DAK Sand Yellow? I hate to ask for help, but, I am color blind, thanks in advance, Joel.

At risk of being a little pedantic, the German Army typically used RAL colors. The German Luftwaffe typically used RLM colors. Two different naming conventions and not much overlap in colors.

North Africa German Army Colors

On 17 March 1941, Inspectorate 2 ordered that equipment in North Africa should be painted two-thirds yellow-brown (gelbbraun RAL 8000) and one-third gray-green (graugrün RAL 7008).

On 25 March 1942, Inspectorate 2 ordered that gelbbraun and graugrün were to be replaced by brown (braun RAL 8020) and gray (grau RAL 7027) once existing paint stocks were depleted, using the same pattern.

Also, bear in mind if you search for RAL color samples online that the RAL system was restructured after WWII and there were changes made that will give you incorrect matches.

1 Like

@Armor_Buff @brekinapez Thank you very much for your help! I have all 3 Panzer Color books but they are in storage. I ordered my paint today for the Tamiya Panzer IV G. Hopefully I won’t screw this one up as bad as I did my Takom Bergepanzer 2. Thanks again, Joel!