Das Werk: 1/16 Sd.Kfz. 234/2 Puma Details | Armorama™

Das Werk has shared some details and photos of their upcoming Sd.Kfz. 234/2 Puma

This is partial text from the full article (usually with photos) at https://armorama.com/news/das-werk-1-16-sd-kfz--234-2-puma-details
1 Like

OK, given this is in cooperation with Takom, there is the real possibility of permutations from them, there being four production versions, a couple of field modifications, and two proposed versions. Happy days for large scale modellers.

Nice figure, too.

The 234/4 is a given, since Das Werk has the Pak 40 with the new 251/22. I expect that the 251/9 isn’t far off as this would be the next obvious progression, and would give them the 234/3 as well. The 234/1 is a bit difficult since that’s an entirely new turret and gun, which neither Takom nor Das Werk has as of yet. The turret of the 234/1 is of little use on the 251 (the 251/23 was never produced so don’t think that would be a good prospect), although the 2cm gun could perhaps be adapted to the 251/17 mount.
Now how much do I want to waste two expensive 1/16 kits to build one (i.e. the Classy Hobby Luchs turret on the DW 234/2)… I know someone will!

1 Like

Looks great, probably will grab it at some point. What’s the MSRP?

1 Like
2 Likes

Agreed on the /1, my preferred variant… & combining the Luch turret, too much expense. Of course, Takom (or anyone) could go full 2cm Schwebelafette.

1 Like

Can’t wait for the kit. If it’s not too late to adjust the figure, there needs to be a center seam on the back of the jacket and officer should boards instead of the enlisted shoulder straps shown.

1 Like

$110. Seems reasonable enough

2 Likes

The only place I could ever put a 1/16 beast is selling one the cars in the garage in order to park it. :joy:

2 Likes