Das Werk Big Panzer III | Armorama™

New 1/16 Panzer III Ausf. J (3 in 1) from Das Werk

This is partial text from the full article (usually with photos) at https://armorama.com/news/das-werk-big-panzer-iii
1 Like

Beautiful artwork! But those headphones should be brown…

David

The Stug didn’t really float my boat, but if this one also hits HK for $120, I’m getting one!

As it is a slightly larger scale than 1/18, my old 21st Century Toys figures should fit in it pretty well.

Are you talking about the wiring or the headphones themselves?

The covers.

W.Willrich depicted on a postcard in a Pz38
db9b5978f49918ca51e43d9ad6b5f8c1_165654
3831e4b62613e3a6fb27c0ed67f42c8d4

So, were there covers that went over the headsets? The vast majority of sets shown in Google images are black/close to black

For example
https://www.kriegsfunker.com/accessories/headphones/panzer.php

two photos and one picture - this is not yet the rule) most likely an exception. The vast majority of those I personally met are only black. Including original exhibits from museums.
Sincerely! :slight_smile:

Headphone covers were all orange up until a changeover during 1942. You don’t see many orange ones in museums because fewer Panzers were built in the first half of the war, and each Panzer had fewer crewmen on the intercom, but mostly because you don’t see much of anything from the early war years in museums. Things didn’t last.

I’d be interested if you could find black examples in photos from before 1942.

Meanwhile, if two examples is not enough for you, here are a few more.

David

That’s interesting to note for future builds, altho my focus is generally D-Day onwards.

very interesting…
orange or brown/sand brown?

and one very early photo…
is it original? black earbuds are clearly visible

Orange-brown I believe. Probably they were not all identical.

The photo that you posted is a difficult case to judge… I avoided photos that were not clear. But here’s another view of that same scene.

David

1 Like

I agree, controversial photo