Diorama Snow

Hello Again!
I was wondering if anyone here knows how to remove snow from a diorama or a tank. I made a diorama a while back, and was hoping to remove the tank and put it in a new diorama.
Cheers!
L

What was the material used for the snow?
Do you plan on repainting the tank for the new diorama?

Cheers,
C.

well,
I am unable to see what the material is. I changed the bag over from the original one to a different one because the bag got multiple holes, and was leaking everywhere.
to answer your second question, I am going to repaint it.
Cheers!
L

Since you are going to repaint it anyway, then I would just go with a complete paint stripping of the model. I’ve used various things, but I see that you are in the US, and I have had good luck with Easy-Off oven cleaner with the yellow lid to strip paint. Now most of that was done on enamel paints, but it works. Also, you can use brake fluid, but not on resin parts, as it will melt the resin.

I believe that if you are using acrylics, Isopropyl Alcohol will work also, but I am not much of an expert on that method.

David

1 Like

@damoore46 , actually this model was done when I still didn’t paint the tanks. a habit for me was, back then, to not paint the US model tanks I did because they mostly had a greenish plastic that I thought was “good enough”. :grin:
Cheers!
L

I think I’d try the Isopropyl Alcohol first and if that didn’t work go with oven cleaner. Either of those should remove whatever product the snow was unless it was epoxy based :grin:
Anyway, with no paint on the model it should be relatively easy to remove

Cheers,
C.

ok!
so, I ended up using two tactics. while messing around with a q-tip, I found that you can just scrub it off. but- you can’t get the deep nooks and crannies with it. so, I used Isopropyl Alcohol like you guys suggested. Victory!
Cheers!
L

That’s great to hear! Good job!

David